Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-30-2023, 06:29 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Fresh Water fill quicker 2022 Minnie 2529RG

I have 2022 2529RG and when filling the fresh water tank with a garden hose it seems I have to basically be at a trickle water flow otherwise water flow overflows and while some water gets to the tank I think more water is going on the ground. I assume this is caused from the curvature of the fill hose to the tank. Has anyone experienced this and found a method for a better fill rate? I was thinking of rigging of a smaller hose or cutting off the metal fixture at the end of the hose allowing me to insert the hose further into the fill hose beyond the curvature. TIA
CampGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 02:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

... assuming you have a gravity fill tank.

I would look for an obstruction and/or a kink in the tank's vent line first. The vent could be an overflow pipe, or a separate line near your fill port. WBGO CS should be able to provide that information and a schematic.

The fill line to the tank could also be kinked or obstructed. Be careful if you "snake" something through the line. Don't use a sharp object or apply excessive pressure.
Old 10-31-2023, 06:43 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Sounds to me like your vent line is kinked or obstructed and isn't allowing air to escape your freshwater tank while its being filled.

I use a Camco RV Water Tank Filler with Shutoff Valve to fill my fresh water tank through my gravity fill. This filler tube is smaller than the fill hose which will allow air from the freshwater tank to flow up and out the fill hose passed the filler tube if the vent line is kinked or obstructed.
Fred 2106DS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 06:59 AM   #4
Farmall

Had the same issue. Removed the access panel cover to the water pump (under the forward bench seat) and saw the gravity fresh water fill hose was slightly kinked and not a nice gradual slope from the fill port to the tank. It comes in and immediately turns 90 degrees through the wall between the dining area and the shower. You can also see the routing of this hose by removing the access panel for the shower drain. Ideally, you want a gradual slope from the fill port to the tank with no high and low spots. Once corrected, I can fill with the hose wide open and hear the air escaping through the vent hose which terminates to the side of the fill port.
Old 11-01-2023, 04:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

CampGG - We have a 2529RG as well. Had the same problem as you are having with freshwater fill. After reading posts on this forum, and after correcting the routing of the fill hose under the dinette, I accessed both the fill and the vent lines under the trailer. I was able to do so by dropping (no cutting) the coroplast just forward of the dinette where the lines drop through the floor under the shower. What I found, and was specifically looking for based on this forum, is that both lines were just lying on the coroplast. This was creating a low spot which impedes filling the tank. I zip tied the lines up as high as I could but the options for anchor points aren't great. In the end everything works much better but occasionally if I am traveling with water in the fresh tank I suspect water is sloshing into the vent line. If I access the vent line under the dinette, where it connects to the fill port, I can blow air into that line and clear the problem easily and that the tank fills super-fast and vents properly while filling. Could be unique to mine, but that's what I've learned so far chasing this problem.
IOS 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 12:41 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Kink

Re-routed hose a bit under dinette much better.
Old 11-03-2023, 01:10 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks that is helpful

Tags
fresh water, water