Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-10-2023, 07:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Can't figure out how to replace bathroom faucet in 2011 via

Good Morning,
The bathroom faucet in my 2011 Via 25Q is leaking and needs to be replaced but I am having a problem trying to reach the pipes. The sink is very small and the cabinet is hard to get into and almost impossible to reach the connection to the faucet. Is there a secret to doing this? I replaced the faucet in my last Winnebago but that was a pull Winnie. This motor home has me stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Bob Bartsch
Townsend, DE
noxontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 07:58 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Wink faucet leak

The issue is getting your hand up to loosen the ring around the hose. I have a Sightseer and our began leaking Saturday night - I could not tighten nor tell if that ring is cracked becasue it is recessed and impossible to get a grip on without some tool. I was able to get my hand up there to feel what was going on because my hands are smaller than my dh. On the way home we left it at the truck/RV shop to repair that we use.
Old 05-11-2023, 02:58 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I replaced the bath faucet last year, and it re-inforced the fact I hate plumbing. For me to get to the faucet I had to take out the shelf, which was more or less built into the cabinet. Once that was done I had to figure out how and old, over weight person would get into the cabinet. Once that was figured out getting the faucet itself out was easy.

I replaced the faucet with a standard big box bath faucet.

Good Luck
be happy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 01:03 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Do you have a basin wrench?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 08:22 PM   #5
Former Winnebago Class A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Do you have a basin wrench?

Took the words right out of my keyboard.... With the correct tool, the job becomes much easier.......
Old 05-15-2023, 03:34 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I just replaced my Faucet with a Moen single handle and used this tool to extend my reach. Worked like a champ.

Good luck!

https://www.amazon.com/installer-mul...298257644&th=1
Old 05-15-2023, 03:44 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Would it be easier to remove and reinstall the sink?
Old 05-15-2023, 07:11 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

I have heard of people using a faucet tool that makes the job a lot easier especially for hard to reach connections.

https://www.amazon.com/Installer-1%E...4199432&sr=8-3
Old 05-16-2023, 08:16 PM   #9
Cas
Winnebago Watcher

I had that same issue, big ole body that doesn't move around too well. Oh wait, the faucet replacement.
I disconnected the drain line from the sink tail piece then with a long screw driver, I loosened the 4 sink hold down screws. Once they were loose and swiveled out of the way, I lifted the sink up far enough to remove the supply lines from the faucet.
Now that the sink was completely out, I changed out the faucet but I also redid the plumbing underneath by adding a couple of angle stops and stainless steel supply lines like a house.
Cas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 09:02 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxontown View Post
Good Morning,
The bathroom faucet in my 2011 Via 25Q is leaking and needs to be replaced but I am having a problem trying to reach the pipes. The sink is very small and the cabinet is hard to get into and almost impossible to reach the connection to the faucet. Is there a secret to doing this? I replaced the faucet in my last Winnebago but that was a pull Winnie. This motor home has me stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Bob Bartsch
Townsend, DE
Bob, there is a Via group on Facebook that is specifically for our coaches. There is a lot of repairs and mods, again specific to the Via. I have the same model and I don’t know if I can offer any advice on how to access the underneath of the faucet, but several have simply replaced the washers/bushings in the faucet. Join the group and then search for the information!
Old 05-19-2023, 10:23 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

That tool is a fairly recent innovation and at first I thought it to be a useless gimmick but I bought it just to try. It is a game changer. I have changed dozens of faucets over the years with basin wrenches but this new tool enables you to do everything without having to crawl under and look up, which is impossible in the Via vanity which is tiny tiny tiny. I was able to change the galley faucet by just feeling, no looking, and no swear words. I wouldn't be without it and I highly recommend it.
My tool is the Rigid brand that cost a bit more than the generic one linked but worth every penny. https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-E...6988/303528759

To loosen the ring on your old one take a picture first and you will see the screw that holds the ring tight which is usually a phillips but can be a hex, then you will just have to reach up and do it by feel.
Old 05-19-2023, 10:38 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Another thing you didn't mention but where is it leaking? If it just needs a new cartridge they are still available and reasonably priced (Google the vendor part number)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cartridge.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	186032  

Tags
ace, replace