Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-10-2023, 11:32 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Black tank issue on 2022 Voyage 3033BH

Hello,
I am on my first camping trip with our bran new 2022 Voyage 3033BH trailer. Tag says it was built in may 2022, we just bought it off the lot about 3 weeks ago. This is our second trailer.

Now that we have been using it for two days I’ve noticed a very strange thing about the toilet and black tank. I can see toilet paper and other things piling up directly below the toilet. No matter how long I hold the foot pedal down and allow water to flow the pile does not go away, the water just goes somewhere else. This is not a typical pyramid issue.

I grabbed a stick and moved the pile over while flushing and got it away but I noticed that the floor of the tank is right there, even though there were about 20 gallons of water in the tank at this point. So I’m guessing there is a raised section right under the toilet and a deeper section somewhere else where the rest of the volume is. I can’t see under the trailer to check the shape of the tank because there is a cover underneath and I’m not going to do that level of disassembly until we get home.

I drained the tank and used the black tank flush and plenty came out, except for a little bit that is still right under to toilet, so I think there is an elevated section there. My last trailer black tank was one simple level and as long as we used enough water we were good.

Anyone have this trailer and this issue? Any thoughts? Thank you for your time.
Sjvoyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 02:20 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I've never heard or any RV holding tank with other than a flat or tapered-to-the-drain bottom.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 06:24 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the reply Ray.

Here's an update. I was able to make it through the trip by using the hose to move the pile around until the tank was full enough that the water level reached the top level where the pile is. After that it appeared to work normally until it was time to drain the tank. I purposefully tried to get the tank as full as I could to see what would happen. Everything drained well it seemed, until I looked down the toilet hole. Everything up on that top level under the toilet was still there. Out came the hose again, to rinse it to the lower level. The black tank flush had no effect on the top level, it appeared to only rinse the lower part.

I got it home, took off the bottom cover and sure enough, there are 2 levels in this black tank. I'm going to post some pictures, hope it works. If you can see the images, 2 of these images are of my trailer. One is just an example I found online that shows a similar design. You can see how there is a shallow section that is over the pipe. In my trailer the toilet is sitting over the shallow upper level, and then there is a drop off where the ABS pipe comes out to the drain.

So my problem is that no matter how long you step on the pedal, the pile does not rinse down to the lower level. After a few events, this pile is pretty close to plugging the down pipe from the toilet, you can clearly see it when you step on the pedal. I have to get the hose out and it give it help. Not what I was looking for in a new trailer. Anyhow, calling the dealer tomorrow to see they have to say. Feels to me like they installed the black tank backwards, like it should be rotated 180 so the toilet is installed over the other side that has no top ledge. Frustrating.

Anyone else out there with a 2022 Voyage 3033BH?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black-tank (1).jpg
Views:	29
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	185648   Click image for larger version

Name:	black-tank (3).jpg
Views:	27
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	185649  

Click image for larger version

Name:	example.JPG