Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-11-2020, 09:43 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Black Water Tank not displayed on Holding Tank Monitor

I have a 2011 Winnebago Sightseer M-33c. The "One Place Monitor Panel" (aka Holding Tank Monitor panel) is supposed to display (in this order):
- Fresh Water Tank
- Gray Water Tank
- Black Water Tank
- L.P. Gas Tank

Where the Black Water Tank line should be, the display is blank. The other 3 lines appear. There is no other indication of an issue (no error message on the display).

We bought this unit used recently, and this is my first Motorhome, so I'm still trying to learn my way around. I thought I'd look at the Black Water tank, and see if there were any loose connections. But I'm not sure where the tank is, or how to locate it. When I flush the toilet, nothing hits the ground, so I'm sure it's there

Has anyone seen this problem? Any suggestions where I need to begin looking?
roblwhitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:24 AM   #2
Site Team

It could be a wiring problem or presumably other such issues.

The first thing to try is to reset the tank monitor. They can be reset. Here's the procedure:

Quote:
Hold the pump tank and battery till the reset message appears then touch pump, then battery. The monitor will then need to relearn the sensors as you touch each of the buttons to read your levels.
If that doesn't correct the issue start looking for the sensors on the black tank and the wiring from the tank to the monitor panel.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:09 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info.

Tried the reset, but no joy. So I guess I'll try to work through the wiring, but I'm beginning to suspect this may be on to add to the "next time I have to go in for service" list.
Old 06-12-2020, 12:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

No time to give up yet!
Found a pic of the black tank for getting location info.
Shown looking down at an angle from the top and side?
Marked the tank as yellow and some parts in red, the stool, dropping straight into the tank top, the drain out the side, so perhaps you can begin to locate the tank? I've not looked for the wiring yet but perhaps it will be spotted on the outside of this tank. Perhaps just some plastic square items stuck to the tank side at different heights with wires to feed the info ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black tank.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	173891  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 12:45 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Okay, no good on spotting where the wiring on the black tank but then there is some info which might be very helpful on locating lots of other things if you get into looking further. This is a post that explains how to access the parts diagrams and you have an RV which has lots of really helpful ways to look at the RV, different sections like 12 volt, 110 ac or drain and supply plumbing.
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ll-357441.html
Sometimes being able to set in a nice comfy chair and look for things is a lot easier than crawling around!!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:01 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks!

With a black water tank, a picture's worth a 1000 turds ... I mean, words. I'll get the creeper out and have a look!
Old 06-13-2020, 07:57 PM   #7
Site Team

A possible quick and easy fix is to make sure the wire is plugged into the back of the monitor panel. When I first got my RVthe generator was not accumulating hours, and the fix was that easy. The wire was just hanging loose on the back of the generator monitor panel. :-)
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water