Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-09-2023, 03:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

De-winterizing 2007 Axxess

Bought a used 2007 class C Access and winterized it. Unfortunately, we did not photograph or correctly document the direction of the valves for the water supply before flushing and pumping in the antifreeze..now trying to undo what we did, were stuck. We've tried to set the 3 valves in many different patterns but either we get no hot water making it to the faucets or the water pours out of the bottom of the RV. The water heater is heating up the water. See attached photos.
Suggestions welcome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230409_123151.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	380.6 KB
ID:	185574   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230409_123205.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	185575  

Name:	20230409_132836.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	482.2 KB
ID:	185576  
Gtimes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 04:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

This can be a bit confusing until we figure which line goes where! But right now we don't know close enough about which 2007 Access you have and there are six different models, so we may need a bit more info.
\These are the plumbing diagrams for the 2007 Access:

Name:	2007 acces.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	185577
If you want to go direct, you can get the full picture there.

But the general idea is not too bad to sort at times.

First you will want to check you have all the drains closed. No water running out when you turn on the faucet!
Second check the suction tube where you added the antifreeze. Often near the water pump? You want to see the handle of the valve pointed in the direction you want the water to flow. At the suction tube, that means pointed AWAY from the suction tube. That usually forces water to the pump to come from the fresh water holding tank.
In the picture with the pump, do I see the clear suction tube and the handle on the valve lying flat so that it aligns with the main water tube? That would be right. Main line turned on to pass water left/right, not up in/out of the suction tube! Water should come from the tank, through this valve to the RV and NOT to or from the suction tube.

Then the more confusing one can be where we bypassed the tank at the water heater, so we didn't have to fill 6-10 gallons of antifreeze in it!

But in the picture of the tubes, I'm guessing one valve is not set right for normal but then I'm guessing which is on the end of the tubes, so may be wrong. What is at the end of the tube where I have the red and green lines pointed.

I'm thinking that valve is wrong as water coming in on the red line would go out that direction or water coming in on the green line would also go out that way.

If you turn on the pump, cold water should go to the water tank and into it, then come out the other tube to the RV. Sometimes we can see enough of the lines to spot which is hot and cold but other times we need to look at the drawings or feel of the lines.
Let us know which Rv or shout back if this description doesn't fit what you see.

This remote control stuff doesn't always work, so we have to have a redo when needed!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	access.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	185578  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 04:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks, we have the 231C. I have looked at those diagrams for it, but it doesn't tell you which line is which. The tubing in the back (your red line) feels warm, so I'm guessing its the hot water one. The tubes head off to the right in the direction of your red and green arrows. We are assuming those are the hot and cold lines that go to the shower and bathroom sink.
Old 04-09-2023, 07:02 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Got a look at what I "think" might be the right area but need you to verify a couple points as it doesn't look exactly the same! But they also do some small changes and it may not have made it into the drawings as exactly what you have. Again, don't trust until verify!

Looking at this drawing set:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...231c_plumb.pdf

The older style line drawings are a bit harder to sort.
I see this area that looks like it might match your picture. Does this spot look right?

Click these snips to get a better view.

Name:	231C copy.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	185582

If correct we need to look at detail C:

Name:	231c-2 copy.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	185583

Are these three valves the two in the first picture and the third is the second picture?
If that is correct, those appear to be three drain valves and will need to be closed. Are these a valve that only rotates 90 degrees for on/off. Only two choices, not three on each valve? If drains close them for sure.

I'm guessing a bit as these drawings are not the best to follow but I don't see them as a bypass for the water heater but just to drain lines.

See if that seems to make any sense and we can do some more looking/ (guessing?) if needed.
If you are getting water into an out of the heater, one way to go is to open a faucet and let the hot water run to it as you feel the lines. The first one getting warmer is closer to the faucet and when you come to a valve, if it is not going through that valve to some fixture, change the valve?
Hard way to do it but we are not getting the best drawings to make it really clear.

I "think" I see hot water to come out of the top pipe on the heater, go down to the tee and go left and right from there to hot faucets, etc. I do not see any bypass for the heater on this drawing.
Old 04-09-2023, 07:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

I agree that the 3 valves (v10) look like they should be what stops the water from draining outside. They are 3 way though, not 90 degrees (on or off) tried them in all 3 positions and water still drained out. The single valve (v11) to the left, we thought was the shut off to the water heater. But now we aren't sure of anything. The holding tank is now empty and were both very frustrated. Hubby is giving up and going to see if our local RV dealer could help solve the "which way do they go" puzzle. I'll update if/when we get some resolve!
Old 04-10-2023, 07:39 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

It's those little mysteries that drive us mad.

I do see that my thinking may have been wrong on the handle position.
Do you have the owners manuals as a start?
They are available online here for your RV:
file:///C:/Users/Richard/Downloads/07Access.pdf

But the handle doesn't seem to fit what I was expecting and sometimes wthe info is not clear or what we see is not what the manual shows.

Name:	drain valve.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	185588

Best of luck on finding the right solution!
Old 04-10-2023, 08:56 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Got it!

My husband and a neighbor were able to come up with the correct configuration of the valves and we now have running hot water. Attached is a crude drawing of it for anyone else who gets themselves into this pickle. The hot water shut off is the one by itself on the left. Thank you for your guidance. Wish the manufacturers would supply operators manuals that have descriptions and photos for the exact model and year of the RV.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20230410_194453.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	642.9 KB
ID:	185604  

Tags
winter