Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-17-2022, 08:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Bathroom mirror suggestions

I wanted to get some ideas on what folks are doing for bathroom mirrors. I have a 2022 Micro Minnie 2100BH and after several trips the wifey really wants to install a mirror. I was thinking of one with a medicine cabinet to hold toiletries etc but a little worried about how well it will hold during travel. Curious what other folks are doing. Thanks!

PS pics are appreciated as I’m a visual learner
Behavedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 09:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I think you might want to look at your space and then checkout pictures of other motor homes/travel trailers.
You can certainly have a medicine cabinet and mirror.
Old 07-26-2022, 11:21 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Will this be a ready made or DIY? One is quick and easy while the other can often make better use of any space available.
Medicine cabinets are very common in the Rv we have had and do well but packing them can also be a very good place to give some thought!

Some things to think about are how we build and stock things as things do tend to jump up and down and add stress to medicine cabinets. So if you are DIY, add some extra, smallish strips along the corners and bottom of things and use glue that makes the wood bond into almost a single item, rather than something pinned together with brads which tend to back out and come loose.
Stocking is better if the heavy items like the big jug of shampoo are NOT in the wall cabinet as it both adds weight and falling out is much worse if it is high up!

One of our first "lessons" was after got an "air burst" of a full bottle of syrup which hit the top bar of a bike we carried inside a trailer! Syrup and flour now ride down low and secure!

We also find adding some form of softer padding to fill space can be good to have around as things don't get a chance to get a run at the door if they are padded to hold them steady! We like firm foam blocks.

To cut the rattles things make, I have cut foam and added specific holes in them for electric razor, toothbrush, etc. as a way to have it handy but not moving around on rough roads. Amazing how much nicer to get to the toothbrush if it is always in the same place I put it and something as easy as a knife pressed down into the block of foam will let the handle slide in/out easy. We do not add mirrows to the cabinet as there has always been a flat one on the wall.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote