Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2005, 12:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hello, Anybody know where I can get parts or a complete mirror replacement for the drivers side rear view mirror on our 02 Journey DL. Because of the incident in the RV park driveway recently the abs high impact houseing at the top of the rear view mirror was scuffed. I would settle for an as new used part or mirror assembly or a good price on new. I don,t want to run this through our insurance. The mirror works fine as is but I don't like dings on our nice motorhome. I tried the local dealer, they only sell the complete mirror for a ton of money. The mirror is a Haldex model 2030 without the turnsignal light.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Happy travels, Bob
rvrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 12:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hello, Anybody know where I can get parts or a complete mirror replacement for the drivers side rear view mirror on our 02 Journey DL. Because of the incident in the RV park driveway recently the abs high impact houseing at the top of the rear view mirror was scuffed. I would settle for an as new used part or mirror assembly or a good price on new. I don,t want to run this through our insurance. The mirror works fine as is but I don't like dings on our nice motorhome. I tried the local dealer, they only sell the complete mirror for a ton of money. The mirror is a Haldex model 2030 without the turnsignal light.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Happy travels, Bob
Old 03-20-2005, 12:56 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Bob, if it's scuffed, but not cracked, you might try fine-sanding it, then spray painting it flat black, with an acrylic paint made for plastics. Replacing may turn out to be a pretty expensive option.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 04:35 PM   #4

If you check the "awning upgrade" post, that same incident took my passenger mirror. I had that replace within 3 days. Mirror was sent from Winne and installed for $500. (my deductible) FYI
no18yes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:47 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Capt.Bill, Thanks for your response, I considered your suggestion earlier but I think some of the scuffs-cuts-scrapes are too deep because of the broken glass from the window involved. I would really like to find a motorhome salvage yard where I could buy used.
Bob
Old 03-21-2005, 07:02 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

You might check winnebagoparts.com. They seem to have everything and perhaps will sell only the parts you need. Or, what about the mirror manufacturer...perhaps they will sell only the part you need.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:52 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

try www.colawrvsalvage.com

Malibu Toad
Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:08 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Try this site :http://www.winnebagoparts.com/
Ed Digardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:27 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper