Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-19-2020, 02:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

kitchen sink replacement

So my wife asked if we could replace the kitchen sink. She wants a single bowl sink so she can get pots and pans in.
The one we have is a double bowel under the counter hung sink. The faucets are on the deck and not part of the sink.
I've looked online and seen many different types but I'm wondering what you would suggest.
since my countertops are not formica but rather they mock Stone countertop I would prefer not to have to cut into it.
What are the pitfalls what should I be concerned about are there brands to stay away from. I appreciate all the help that you folks have given me in the past.

Cburg
Cburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:34 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I have not done what you are thinking about, so I am just brain storming. I think the hardest part is going to be the removal of the old sink. You are most likely going to have to pull the counter top off to get the sink out. But if the sink is molded into the counter top, that's a whole different story. You may be able to some how cut the old sink out from above, that would be the easiest.

As for the new sink, I believe you are going to be limited in your choices by the size and depth of the sink area. Most likely it will have to be a stainless steel that will set on the counter top. I can not help with sink brand or model sorry. Good luck keep us posted on what happens
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:58 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the reply ....
But I hope you are wrong about the sink being molded in. I can feel some form of brackets under the counter.

Maybe someone else will be as kind as you and reply with more info and maybe a source for the sink. I guess it would be helpful if I posted some measurements . I will do that tonight when I can get back on line,

Cburg
Cburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 10:16 AM   #4
Site Team

Just look under the sink. If you see clips in the corners supporting the sink then it's not molded in. The best way to find a replacement that will require no countertop modifications I'd remove the existing sink. Then you'd have all the dimensions you need to be aware of to find a bolt in replacement. Pay attention obviously to the length and width but also the size of the lip and the depth to the drain pipe. Though that should be easy enough to change.

Also, you might take the RV to a countertop maker to find out how much it would be to modify the cutout size for a specific sink.
Old 04-16-2022, 04:37 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Just wondering if you ever saw your sink project through. I too have been recently wanting to replace the double sink with a single. I will let you know if/how I end up going about my replacement.
Brimlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 01:11 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Hi @cburg. I'm interested if you ever got to this project? I would love to have a single bowl in my kitchen too.
Old 07-26-2022, 05:33 PM   #7

Me too, lol. Hate having 2 tiny sinks instead of 1, uhg
ItsMeKatrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 06:08 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Well, in reading back over these old posts, there is one big thing that jumps out at me when it comes to making any good suggestions on changing the sink.
First step in reworking things is to know what you are working on and I do not see any mention of even which RV was involved.
Without knowing which exact Rv and which options might be involved, there really is little way to make good suggestions!

If it happens to be a post 2010 motorhome, we actually have the parts catalog to look at where and what the fasteners might be. But if it is something that you do not recognize, perhaps a picture will give really good info.

Step one of getting good info is GIVING good info!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 07:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeKatrina View Post
Me too, lol. Hate having 2 tiny sinks instead of 1, uhg
Whoops, working with a 1999 Winnie Adventurer 35C, 🙄
ItsMeKatrina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement