Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-20-2023, 02:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2018 Vista 31BE draining freshwater tank

Owning our first ever Winnebago RV, unknowingly we filled the fresh water tank too much(turned the knob to "fill tank" instead of "normal", dumb i know) , it overfilled and ran out (yay for doing the job, nay for freaking us out thinking we had a major leak) but now we have an extremely full tank and don't plan to utilize it anytime soon (if at all ever), how in the heck do we get all of that water out of the tank?!

**we did want to test the water pump and everything and we were able to get some of the water out by way of running it and it draining through the holding tanks and into the sewer, but we don't want to have to drain the water that way because I feel like it would take forever....

Thanks in advance!
luluskadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 03:48 PM   #2
Site Team

Greetings luluskadoo,
Your Waterline & Tank Drain Valves are described in your Owner's Manual on page 7-9. The overflow upon being totally filled is normal.
Out of curiosity, why do you not plan upon using your fresh water tank?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 09-20-2023, 04:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Since we are so new and traveling with kids we may not dry camp for a while until we get the hang of everything…it’s not out of the question totally but we aren’t quite ready for staying off the beaten path 😅
Old 09-20-2023, 04:07 PM   #4
Site Team

Hi again luluskadoo,
Keep in mind that even if you are moving from one full-service RV park to another full-service RV park, you may arrive at your next destination only to find-out that there is no room at the Inn. In other words, you may find yourself boon-docking for a night when you weren't planning upon doing so. So, whenever traveling (even for a quick 1-hour day-trip) always fill your fresh water tank so that your plumbing will function.
Eagle5
Old 09-20-2023, 04:14 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you! We don’t want to drain it completely we just didn’t want it so full, I also read that most like to keep them filled a decent amount to help with travel i.e not so much sway while driving, so we will most likely just leave it for now I just wanted to know how to drain it just in case.
Old 10-01-2023, 05:30 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I never use “shore” water I always use the tank reshape water in order to cycle the tank water. Don’t like water sitting unused. For your problem just drain some.
Old 10-02-2023, 04:38 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Go to your Plumbing bay where the tank fill knob is.
On the left hand side of that compartment is 2 drain pipes going out through the bottom of that compartment.
Both have a tap on it. (red hot blue cold) turn that tap 90 degrees, this will activate your waterpump ( if it is on ) and drain the tank.

To fully drain there are also tap behind the panel that just pops off underneath the sink in your outdoor kitchen.

Also if you lift the double bed you will see a removable trap door - lift this and there is the water tank. There is a drain and tap directly below that too.

hope this helps.
Englishjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 10:23 AM   #8
Site Team

Greetings Englishjay1,
Great detailed explanation.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5

Tags
tank, water