Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-18-2014, 11:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Air in Tires of Vista

I'm having a problem getting the air into the inner rear tires. I can inflate the outer rear tires, but the extension for the inner rear tire will not accept air. The is a vista 26 HE. I don't see any adjustment on the extension, I was able to adjust the ones on my old trail-lite when I had this problem. Anyone have a solution. I will try contacting Winnebago.
rottenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:20 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

If the factory did not install valve stem extensions, you will need to add them yourself. They are about 8" long and have a retainer that clips to the outer wheel trim. Google valve stem extensions. I have 6 on my wheels and they have never leaked. Some my say otherwise. Only other option is to crawl under each time they need to be checked.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:22 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

These extensions were on the Motor home when I purchased it last year. I'm still waiting for a replay from Winnebago. I have several inflators that I can use to inflate the inner tires, but not one of them will inflate them. Strange that I can get a reading of the tire pressure.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I do not think the extensions are factory installations.....
Old 05-21-2014, 11:25 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I had to remove the wheel covers and then I was able to get the tire to inflate . I had to flexe the extension hose which allowed the tire to inflate.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:14 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Sounds like the extensions were not installed properly, should not be any kinks in them or sharp bends...
Old 05-25-2014, 07:54 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I hear you. I have one only inside rear tire that is hard to check the pressure and add air. It isn't that it is hard to reach but the air gauge and chuck don't seat fully on the stem. I borrowed different gauge and was able to check the pressure, Guess all gauges and chucks aren't the same so will need to find one that works on all 6 tires. Also tried adjusting the spring loaded pin in the stem with no luck.
jazzerjump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:38 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I have dealer installed extensions on the rear inner tires on my 26 HE, none came on it from the factory when new. One is still a bear to check. I push the air hose fully on and then slow release my pressure of holding it on until it starts to fill. This is a very small area and usually takes several tries.

As for tire gauges, the dealer recommended a trucker's size gauge as they are more reliable at higher RV pressures.
BBQ Judge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires