Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-11-2020, 08:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Questions about Micro Minnie Slide

Hello,

I have a 2019 Micro MInnie 2100BH and have had no issues with the slide but have a few questions about it.

1. What type of slide system does it have?
  2. If the slide motor was to fail, where is it located? I want to kmnow so I could use a wrench to move it in. Related, what tools are necessary? My understanding is that a socket wrench should do it.
  3. A general question, is it bad to have the slide moved out only part way? i.e. I have heard that it may not be good for the slide to move it out half way and leave it there. Is this true?
Thanks for any help you can provide!

- Brian
bricrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 08:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hey there

You may have a LCI/Schwintek slide system of somesort
often the motors are somewhere by the wall/top of slide corners driving a shaft. the controller more than likely below the slideout floor dinette or couch. You should have a small accessible panel to get to it.

There’s specific instructions on the lippert website/manual to deal with a stuck motor one,two or both.

When the slide is partially open the weather seals are not closed properly, so water will get in.

Looks something like this:
MicroMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:41 AM   #3
Site Team

If you post a photo of you slide when extended, showing the slide gears, we can confirm the type.

If it’s Schwintec it will look like the YouTube image above with upside down “U” shaped Teeth mounted directly on the sides of the slide. If it has some thin rails with a row of teeth mounted about 1.5” away from the slide sides then it’s a SlimRack slide. If it has neither and has rams under the slide then it’s one of a couple kinds of under floor or thru frame slide.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:18 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricrum View Post
Hello,

I have a 2019 Micro MInnie 2100BH and have had no issues with the slide but have a few questions about it.

1. What type of slide system does it have?
  2. If the slide motor was to fail, where is it located? I want to kmnow so I could use a wrench to move it in. Related, what tools are necessary? My understanding is that a socket wrench should do it.
  3. A general question, is it bad to have the slide moved out only part way? i.e. I have heard that it may not be good for the slide to move it out half way and leave it there. Is this true?
Thanks for any help you can provide!

- Brian

Interested in topic, just following
JerryS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 08:33 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryS View Post
Interested in topic, just following
To follow a thread, just click “Thread Tools” link just above the first post and “Subscribe” no posting needed
Old 04-27-2020, 06:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

My micro Minnie 2306bhs uses a schwintek slide.

I’ve heard of sealing and mechanism issues if the slide isn’t either fully in or out and you try to use it
pmglidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 08:45 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

thanks to all who posted, this is very helpful information, especially the u-tube video. my owner's manual says to use white lithium, and the dealer first said just regular lubricant, then told me later to use no kind of lube at all. this is very first time I feel like I got info from the "horse's mouth" via the utube video.

also, thought I might throw in the mix, a new product out for keeping the rubber seals soft, plyable and prolonging longevity. have you guys heard of the info below:(I harvested it from a recent RV blog)
What are the benefits of using a rubber seal conditioner? 3-In-One’s Rubber Seal Conditioner is the latest product in their line of RV lubricants. It follows behind their Window & Track Dry Lube and Slide-Out Silicone Lube which have both proven to be useful in reducing friction and getting rid of annoying slide-out and window squeaks. Unlike their previous two products, the Rubber Seal Conditioner is the only formula that will also protect your RV from damaging UV rays, which can cause your rubber seals to fade and crack after a long summer in the sun.
KGs2108DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 05:32 PM   #8
blubugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMinnie View Post
Hey there

You may have a LCI/Schwintek slide system of somesort
often the motors are somewhere by the wall/top of slide corners driving a shaft. the controller more than likely below the slideout floor dinette or couch. You should have a small accessible panel to get to it.

There’s specific instructions on the lippert website/manual to deal with a stuck motor one,two or both.

When the slide is partially open the weather seals are not closed properly, so water will get in.

Looks something like this:
Another issue of having the slideout partially in/out is the weight of the slide and contents is now setting on the slideout shaft and gears (upper and lower, on both sides) and the bottom rollers. When the slideout is fully in or out, the weight is now supported by the slide frame sitting against the trailer wall as well as the above support points.
The point being that if you have a dinette or sofa slideout, while in use, a persons weight may shift abruptly causing extra torque on the shaft, gears or rails. Although these rails, gears and motors are designed robustly, placing added torque or weight should only be done with the slide either fully in or fully out.
I am not sure that any benefit is gained by having the unit partially in/out, at least when parked and in use.
If the slideout is similar also to the 2106ds, the controller is under the slideout by the left wheelwell. Accessible by removing the false kick-panel.
Enjoy! The Covid-19 stuff hopefully is diminishing!
Blubugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:03 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubugger View Post
The point being that if you have a dinette or sofa slideout, while in use, a persons weight may shift abruptly causing extra torque on the shaft, gears or rails. Although these rails, gears and motors are designed robustly, placing added torque or weight should only be done with the slide either fully in or fully out.
I am not sure that any benefit is gained by having the unit partially in/out, at least when parked and in use.
If the slideout is similar also to the 2106ds, the controller is under the slideout by the left wheelwell. Accessible by removing the false kick-panel.
Enjoy! The Covid-19 stuff hopefully is diminishing!
Thank you for that information. As to partially out I can see where some might do that if they park in a location where it cannot be fully extended, so good to know you should not do that.

One of the things I like about the 2016DS is that having the slide in only affects access to two cabinets, whereas in some trailers the slide in makes it virtually impossible to live inside the trailer. If it were just me, rather than me and my wife, I'd probably just leave the slide in most of the time. But with two people it is nice to have a bit of extra room to walk around.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:20 AM   #10
blubugger

One additional point: if your 2106ds is designed as ours, the small upper cabinet door behind the rear of the slideout can be left open while the slide is in the 'stowed' position. This small cabinet door has hinges that do not automatically close and since it is partially hidden when you are preparing to open the slide, if open it could interfere with the slide operation. To remedy this, my suggestion is to replace those two original hinges with spring-loaded, auto close versions. This will ensure that the cabinet door will not interfere with the slide operation.
Good luck!
Blubugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:04 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

The slide on my micro mini 2019 trailer suddenly will not open. There is no noise when I push the button to open it. I checked and the fuse and it seems good. It worked fine a month ago. Any suggestions?
HWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide