Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-29-2022, 03:37 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Minnie 2801BHS Fridge Problems

I took my 2801bhs with this same fridge (or could be Dometic 2872) and it never did cool over 2 days. The outdoor 12v fridge cooled off in an hour.

I ran the fridge on shore power and at least attempted gas and only the freezer got fairly cold, doubt it could freeze ice. Any ideas what I can try? Presuming it works, is there are market to sell this and replace it with a 12v fridge? I want the extra space and if I boondock I'll have a generator.
winnielife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 07:02 PM   #2
Site Team

It would help to know what YEAR your Minnie travel trailer is... is it brand new? Or what?
Old 09-04-2022, 09:51 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnielife View Post
I took my 2801bhs with this same fridge (or could be Dometic 2872) and it never did cool over 2 days. The outdoor 12v fridge cooled off in an hour.

I ran the fridge on shore power and at least attempted gas and only the freezer got fairly cold, doubt it could freeze ice. Any ideas what I can try? Presuming it works, is there are market to sell this and replace it with a 12v fridge? I want the extra space and if I boondock I'll have a generator.
Step one to repair is finding what you have to repair!
Looking in the rear of the frig, there is often a metal tag or label of some sort to tell you what model you have.

A search online for the brand and model of frig will often lead to a troubleshooting chart that gives a step by step process to find the problem.

Some of the more common reasons for poor performance are things like poor seals around the door (manuals tell how to test) poor cleaning in the back or other things that restrict the airflow up and around the cooling parts, or there are times when the small thermocouple clipped to the fins can get knocked out of place and it stops reading correctly. Bugs or wasp nests in the burner tube?
Lots of small points that "might" happen, so an organized method will work best.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problems, fridge