Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-26-2021, 06:48 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Micro Minnie 2106 Tongue Weight

Talked to Winnebago today re UVW of a 2016 Micro Minnie 2106

The weights in the brochure are a baseline, no particular optioned trailer is identified, they take a sample of a few trailers and get an average, but likely not be a bare bones unit. I like many of you have an idea what is base, this is for those that do not.

In 2016 a Micro Minnie would only come with one unfilled 20 lb propane tank, no battery, Manual Awning, No Air Conditioning, No Fold Away Entry Handle, Manual Tongue Jack and No Stabilizer Jacks to name a few.

What you would see on a dealers lot would likely include some of these items if not all, (dual tanks and a battery etc...).

Having said that, there's a real chance the UVW sitting on a dealer lot will not be as stated in the brochure and therefore the tongue weight will not be as stated in the brochure either.

Other manufacturers may be closer as they do not have as an extensive option list. The sampling Winnebago took, may be rear close to your personal trailer, maybe within 100lbs. Every trailer is different as you have all suggested.

I was hoping I could have gotten some GVW and Tongue weights everyone was experiencing with their Micro Minnie 2106 (full or empty), it didn't happen. I really wanted to know how low someone got the tongue weight by loading strategically as anything over 550 lbs - 600 lbs places to much payload on the rear axles of my truck. All other weights fit the bill. If my truck (2018 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4 x 4 Limited with tow package) had 300 more payload capacity it would be a mute conversation. Toyota has the 2nd lowest payload rating in the Midsize Pickup line.

I will have to wait till a unit comes available and have the tongue weights confirmed at the time.

Thanks,
Bcborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 06:01 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I had a 2016 Tacoma double-cab 4x4 off-road. I very quickly realized that the payload couldn’t really handle any trailer along with our family of four. It was frustrating to go look at crew cab Tundras and find payloads of 1050-1200 there too. Good luck in your quest for a 2016 version of the 2106.
backtrack15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:11 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcborn View Post
I was hoping I could have gotten some GVW and Tongue weights everyone was experiencing with their Micro Minnie 2106 (full or empty), it didn't happen.
I think you'll find that a lot of people don't really both to find out their actual tongue weight of their travel trailer. Nor do they do a lot of specific loading to effect the tongue weight - they just get a big truck and assume it's good.

I had 3 different travel trailers between 2003 and 2015 and I have no idea what the tongue weight was on any of them.

I did tow one of them with a Nissan Xterra and while it worked it wasn't comfortable. So, I bought a bigger tow vehicle (a Chevy Tahoe). Later I replaced that with a bigger tow vehicle with a longer wheelbase and that worked much better over all.

So, I can only say that towing a TT with too little truck is no fun. I'm sure it's unsafe as well, but you know pretty quickly when you are "under trucked." Like the movie "Jaws" - We're going to need a bigger truck!
Old 10-27-2021, 04:32 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

With the price of new trucks being what it is, it is foolish not to upgrade to a 3/4 ton vehicle, if you intend to tow. Compared to the price of the truck, the upgrade from 1/2 ton to 3rd/4 ton is minimal. With 3/4 ton, the brakes last longer, there is less performance stress and the resale value increases substantually. My last Dodge truck had a sticker price increase of $600 to upgrade to 1 ton single from 3/4 ton. With trucks costing over $50k, why wouldn't you upgrade? Don't like the ride, decrease tire pressure when enpty.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 05:04 PM   #5
Micro Mini 2108TB

2108 TB hitch weight

Hi there,

This may help. My 2108 TB has a hitch weight of 420 lb. This includes two propane tanks, one full and two batteries. The trailer is otherwise unloaded.
All the best.
Senecio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weight