Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2021, 02:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Huge Water leak in new Minnie 2529 RG

Before I even got my Minnie on it’s first trip she developed a water leak when hooked to city water. I took it back to the dealer and they repaired a leak under the galley sink. Great! Fixed!!. On my second trip out, there was a bigger leak that caused water to literally pour out the back of the trailer. Water entered the interior in the galley and living area too…I quickly turned off the city supply and tilted the trailer back so water would drain instead of spreading through the house. I had a pressure regulator attached to hose so I don’t know what caused this. I am taking the trailer to the dealership tomorrow. I feel sick about this because I love the trailer but now I have to worry about the water damage and mold setting in. Does anyone have suggestions on how to deal with the dealership. I feel like something is defective to keep causing the leaks
Wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 04:08 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Wingz,
I feel your pain!
We have had leaks in our 2629RG also!
First was the window over the dinette table. Had to remove the shade and tighten all the screws on the window frame.
Second was the drain from the shower. Only finger tight. When I removed the access panel, I also found loads of trash.
Third was under the bathroom sink. The tail piece did not fit into the p-trap. A quick trip to a big box store solved that.
Last leak was the cold water supply to the hot water heater. Fortunately, our Minnie was low on the rear street side and water did not come into the camper living space, but as to what damage the water did to the insulation...well, I'll have to wait and see.
Our dealer has been not the best. Our Minnie sat for over 42 days on their lot waiting to be worked on even though I made the appoint over two months in advance and is now back to the dealer for the second time.
I've documented EVERYTHING with photos and videos should the need arise.

Hope everything works out for you.
travelkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 02:10 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your reply. Ya know I really love this trailer. It is just right for me and my dog companion. But I am becoming less enchanted as trouble starts. When I had the first leak it was somewhere under the galley. They were able to repair that within 5 days. Then I went on the maiden voyage and found out the air conditioners do not pair and kept blowing the breaker at the service box. So much for their mystical magical smart sensing controller. Came home and put that on my defect list too. On my second trip is when I experienced the big gusher. OMG water was pouring out the back of my trailer like Niagara Falls. I kept hearing this whirling sound and as it went on I thought it was nearby construction work. I opened the slider window and heard the water flooding out the back of my trailer. I immediately turned off the campground faucet and tipped the trailer up so the enclosed water would drain instead of coming into living room. The whirling sound was coming from a box under the galley. It was the furnace and the thermostat control was off. I’m sure it was affected by the water. I finally thought to pull the fuse for the furnace and it stopped. And then I called the dealership………but that’s another story……I’m so mad and sick about this….plus I have a stinking Dometic 300 toilet…look that one up documented on line by users and Dometic as a defect in some 300 series toilets…ugh
Old 11-05-2021, 06:14 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Hello,
I am sorry to hear about all the issues you are having... even more sorry since next week I should be picking up my 2022 2529RG.
From your posts I have added things to look for during the PDI. Is there anything else you would suggest checking out that is specific to the 2529RG? I want to go over the trailer very thoroughly before I even sign the paperwork.
Thank you and hopefully you get everything fixed up and can finally enjoy this great layout.
Old 11-05-2021, 08:28 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Did you do a walk thru at the dealer? Hook up everything and run it while looking thru trailer. With the crap they are making now, it's up the the buyer to fine the problems, the dealers just want to sell it.
deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 02:22 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

mrlichty,
Besides the water leak issues, which I put the blame squarely on Winnebago, we found that both backslash panels were never glued properly and were “flappin' in the breeze” so to speak. And all 7 air conditioner vents in the ceiling do not rotate. I guess the “technician” who installed them didn't think to see if they rotate. Maybe it was the same guy who did the plumbing.
We've had a number of other issues, but that is due to supplier components failing: 2 BAL stabilizer switches failed, the Dometic Brisk (bedroom) air conditioner is inoperative,,,oh, it comes on, but doesn't blow cold air. The Dometic Captive Touch Thermostat failed, drawer slide mechanisms failed, and the power cord came out of the yellow plug that plugs into the campground electric service. Also had the ShurFlo water pump go out but ShurFlo sent a new pump head. And then the bracket holding the fire extinguisher broke as did the lock set to the door that opens to the kitchen.
Our camper is back in the shop for warranty service yet again. Hopefully the dealer will be able to resolve these issues.
I will say that while we've had a number of problems, nothing has yet kept us from enjoying our Minnie. Since picking it up in February, we've put on over well 9,000 miles.
travelkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:07 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We did have a walkthrough and every thing seemed ok except for a stabilizer was stuck and wouldn’t come down properly. They had a tech on it and was able to free it up. We took it home and hooked it to water and power. A couple days later she developed a leak that dripped out the rear of the trailer. We immediately took it back to dealer because I was leaving on my first 4 day camping trip. There is a Dometic “silent recall” on their 300 series plastic toilets. It emits a foul urine odor that is unbearable. You can search it on line for the details…my trailer came with a manufactured in 2021 stinker. Waiting for it to be replaced soon. Ya know you may be lucky and not have any problems with your new trailer! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old 11-05-2021, 09:30 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Wink Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlichty View Post
Hello,
I am sorry to hear about all the issues you are having... even more sorry since next week I should be picking up my 2022 2529RG.
From your posts I have added things to look for during the PDI. Is there anything else you would suggest checking out that is specific to the 2529RG? I want to go over the trailer very thoroughly before I even sign the paperwork.
Thank you and hopefully you get everything fixed up and can finally enjoy this great layout.
mrlichty, I think some problems start when you actually drive it around and use it camping. They’re not apparent at the walk through. Make sure you keep documentation on problems and repairs…..

Don’t be sorry… just be aware and ENJOY your new trailer. I love mine despite the initial trials and troubles…
Old 11-06-2021, 12:50 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the information.
I found out that I should be able to pick it up on Tuesday.

My situation is strange since our trailer was bought during the Hershey show and it happened the salesman was from Michigan and he has been my only contact so far.The dealership is only a couple miles from where the show was. i did ask him about how good their PDI was and told him that I planned to go over it thoroughly myself and about water issue concerns. He said he normally did his own inspection and the dealership is aware of those issues with the water. He also said he would tell the local dealership about my plans and concerns.
I do understand that using the trailer is when more issues could pop up but knowing where your issues were I will give a little extra focus in those concern areas.
Thanks for the replies with additional information.
mrlichty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak