Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-22-2022, 10:01 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Micro Minnie 2100BH Family Size?

Hello,

Didn't see any specific posts when I searched the forum. We are considering the 2100BH and have 2 young kids and another on the way. I know its a bit tight, but we are looking for something thats easily maneuverable, storable, and without canvas. Mostly, we look to use it as a place to sleep, use the bathroom, and get out of the weather if needed... expect little to no boondocking type camping.

I know bigger is generally better but has anyone used this with 5 people for a similar purpose and have any thoughts?

Thanks
NH Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 11:11 AM   #2
Winnebagel

I have a family of four, and we've found the 2100BH to be a great size for us. We just moved our 18 month old to the bottom bunk (closed off with a baby gate - for now), and our 5 year old sleeps on the top bunk. Last year our youngest was still small enough to sleep in a bassinet under the dinette.

As the kids grow older, you might find converting the dinette to the bed for the third to be a bit of a hassle, but it depends how much you will need to use the dinette. We very rarely sit inside, so have not really found it to be an issue.

I disagree with the statement that "bigger is better" in the case of RVs. It's simply about finding something that works for you and your family. We've found that we don't even come close to using up all of the storage space in our 2100BH – I honestly don't understand what folks are bringing with them to be worried about space. I come from tent camping though, so maybe it's that minimalist mindset shining through.
jwiebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 01:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We're a family of 4 with an 1800BH, which is the same footprint, but without the slide. It fits us perfectly, but I think it would be tough with 5 but doable. You're definitely going to be converting the dinette, but it's not too big of a deal. I think the biggest challenge will be for storage. I know the 1800 has more storage that gets taken up by the slide on the 2100 (one of the reasons I went that way). You'll need to get creative and only bring essentials.

For a datapoint on how many the 1800 can hold, our last trip had a big thunderstorm one evening. The family we camp with tent camps, so we packed the 4 of them, our 4 and our golden retriever in our little Micro Minnie to watch a movie while the storm passed. It was tight, but it worked.
rstraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 06:18 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

We are in Maine and have had the pleasure to get a 2022 2100bh our family of four loves it.

Totally doable. The dinette converts in minutes. Easy to adjust from bed to dining nook. Though we eat outside 90% of the time.

It does well boon docking as well.
mtneering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 09:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you all for the positive responses. As of a month ago we are a family of 5. We are keeping an eye out for one, hopefully lightly used. Unfortunately I haven’t even really seen any new ones on a lot to check out, such are the times but at this point we can afford to be patient.
NH Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 11:58 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Family of 4 in a 2100BH and I agree with the others that the dinette conversion isn't a big deal. Particularly with the "dream dinette" that just slides the table down. The little one would definitely fit under the dinette for a while.

I would be tempted to put 2 kids on the dinette and the young one in the bottom bunk and use the top bunk for storage. But my kids would not do well together on the dinette, so your mileage may vary.