Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-20-2023, 10:19 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Galley Skylight for 2014 Winnebago Ultralite 27RBDS

Love our Winnie from day one in 2014! We do need to replace the skylight in the galley. I can't seem to find the size installed. Winnebago did send me the mfg roof print but that does not have the skylight dimensions. Anyone out there that can help us? Thanks so much!
jwgolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 02:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I’d be surprised if the skylight was not standard dimension. The industry standard for almost all through roof openings is 14”x14”. Have you measured the dimension of the opening? If it’s standard, you should be able to order a skylight from eTrailer.com.
Old 04-21-2023, 09:53 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgolf18 View Post
Love our Winnie from day one in 2014! We do need to replace the skylight in the galley. I can't seem to find the size installed. Winnebago did send me the mfg roof print but that does not have the skylight dimensions. Anyone out there that can help us? Thanks so much!

What did the skylight do to require replacement? Did it crack? We have a 2015 27RBDS so I want to keep an eye out for upcoming issues.

Any other problems you're having? Anything with the roof? Do you get on your roof? I do quite often to put on a cover but I'm noticing the wood under the membrane is moving in some locations. I know I'm supposed to put something up there to work on but putting on a cover and worrying about stepping on a piece of wood does sound like a nightmare.
Old 04-21-2023, 11:03 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you so much. We are taking the cover off Tuesday so haven't measured it yet. This one may be different, it is convex but when we take the cover off, we'll know for sure! Semper Fi Marine and thank you for your service!
Old 04-21-2023, 11:07 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

We're not sure, it got a pea sized hole in the corner, road rock? We didn't know until some water came in during a nasty storm in SC. We filled it with self leveling caulk but thinking we may want to just replace it. We get on the roof twice a year, cover on and cover off. We have our local place that winterizes and de-winterizes Winnie so we have them check all seals each time. We have not noticed any wood movement?
Old 04-21-2023, 12:41 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgolf18 View Post
We're not sure, it got a pea sized hole in the corner, road rock? We didn't know until some water came in during a nasty storm in SC. We filled it with self leveling caulk but thinking we may want to just replace it. We get on the roof twice a year, cover on and cover off. We have our local place that winterizes and de-winterizes Winnie so we have them check all seals each time. We have not noticed any wood movement?

Yeah, the wood panels that are connected to the ribs of the roof frame. Technically I'm not supposed to be walking around up there without a piece of wood for support on top. But the amount of walking I do up and down the trailer to put on the cover would not be ideal to do that. I'm assuming whatever mechanism the wood roof is secured to the aluminum ribs is coming loose (screws, bonding, whatever). Particularly where I step off the ladder onto the trailer. Now I try to step as much as possible on the roof frame and not in between the ribs.

Tags
light, winnebago