Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-24-2023, 05:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Accessing Heat Duct & Shower Plumbing

I'm not sure which models have a pantry/cabinet similar to our 2529RG, but in response to some of the modifications that I have seen discussed:
1. adding a grate to prevent items from going down into the duct
2. adding more than the small deflector to direct the heat out, and prevent heat from going up the wall causing the thermostat to prematurely shut down the furnace
3. being able to access/inspect the shower plumbing
I decided to take out the bottom shelf in the pantry to be able to gain access to the area. The shelf is held in place by staples. The shelf will probably not be in useable condition after removal. I plan to replace the shelf with a piece of 1/8" plywood stained to a similar color. The replacement will be held down by screws that allow it to be removed.

Once the shelf is out it will be easy to add insulation to prevent heat from going up the wall, add to the small metal deflector to push air out, add a piece of hardware cloth to the front to block objects from getting into the duct, and occasionally check for leaks under the shower. Our trailer has a small panel under the shower that allows checking the drain (ours leaked on delivery), and I want be able to check for possible leaks from the water lines going to the shower.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2529RG Pantry Bottom Shelf.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	187647  
TwoFrom93449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 07:44 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

LOL - for a minute, I thought you had a bunch of VCR tapes on the shelf, but after clicking on the picture, I see they are DVDs.
No1Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, plumbing, shower