Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-19-2022, 03:54 PM   #1
Star MMW 2108DS

2021 Micro Minnie 2108DS - replacement mattress

We are looking to upgrade/replace our murphy bed split mattress and would like to know what others have done (with this specific model) to ensure a good night's sleep! We've tried toppers without success. The Tochta mattress is a bit out of our price range. Considering the Mattress Insiders 6" Elation Gel Memory Foam (full size 54x74) but worried that it might not fold up correctly and close securely. Please advise what has worked well for you! Thanks
ksimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 07:22 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I thought for certain some here have replaced their split mattress.

I've replaced mine, but I have an earlier model before Winnebago went with the split design. That loses some storage space underneath because the whole bed tilts, but it was sure easy to replace with a "real" full size mattress!
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 08:40 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksimmons View Post
We are looking to upgrade/replace our murphy bed split mattress and would like to know what others have done (with this specific model) to ensure a good night's sleep! We've tried toppers without success. The Tochta mattress is a bit out of our price range. Considering the Mattress Insiders 6" Elation Gel Memory Foam (full size 54x74) but worried that it might not fold up correctly and close securely. Please advise what has worked well for you! Thanks
We have split mattress Murphy Bed also. We put a topper on it from dormeo and it is comfortable but the issue is always having to adjust mattress to put it up and use sofa. I have thought about a smaller mattress so we can just flip it up but it would have to be about 6” shorter to make it work and I am 6’2” and wife is 6’ so our feet would be either hanging or almost hanging off mattress. I think you could find a 60”x74” mattress that would work. Try Dormeo, I think they make short queen and have a 100 day return if you don’t like it
Randyn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 10:29 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

We just purchased a 2108DS and are looking for a replacement mattress as well. Did you have any luck?
mtsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement