Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-27-2019, 09:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2108DS Micro Minnie range hood bulb replacement

I have a 2108DS micro mini and the bulb on my range hood burnt out. The bulb is black so I cannot read the number. There was a sticker that says 10 W bulb max. Can anybody please tell me the type of bulb I need For the light on the stove top range hood. Also would you advise that I replace us with a LED bulb and if so what type of bulb is the LED? Thank you
mcl489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 07:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I've not looked at that specific one but there are some general things that we might think about. One is that I will assume it is a 12VDC bulb so that it operates off battery. Second is that it a place where we will have different folks with different ideas of what they want. Myself, I want as much light as possible from this place as it is one I use for work near the stove, etc. So to get the most light, least heat and lowest battery amount used, I definitely want LED, even if I have to pay a little extra to get it.
Now where the decision might come in is what type of light "color" we each like. I like a really white white color that my wife might call blue! But for working, I want it to look like an operating room. What we need to make the decision is often several points. I first want a high (5000+) Kelvin rating. Standard incandescent might be closer to 3200K but I want bright and then we need to decide how many luman as it is also another part of the "bright" question only far different for LED than older. You've got a sticker saying ten watt but that is to control the heat from incandescent which makes as much heat as light! You' want far less than ten watt of LED, for sure so I move to the part that makes it quicker to sort what I want and that is the bulb shape at the base. Is it a round or wedge shape? Then I go to parts stores and find that shape in a size that will fit into the cover nice and I may try one or two before getting just the one I want. I deal with the folks who understand that I can't tell them which number as I am modding an existing fixture and they let me return it if it doesn't give me the light I want. LED come in lots of different shapes and sizes as well as how many LED are in what pattern but for under counter stuff, I like the flat type that produces all the light on one side.
Good luck and happy hunting!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 05:46 PM   #3
2018 2108DS

Get used to it mine burns out 3-4 times a year. It’s a common automotive light off the top of my head I can’t remember. Autozone NAPA any auto parts store stock it.
Andy_XY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I bought my 1808 in May and have replaced the range hood bulb 3 times already. Something is up
skisurfbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:34 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Jensen lighted exhaust fan light

This is what I replaced mine with.

Happy Trails
Jerry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A591EC87-7819-44BE-8986-4A9134F65B7F.jpeg
Views:	145
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	172667  
Sanfordja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:07 PM   #6
2108DS Gray Goose

I replaced mine with an LED bulb. Slight bit of Dremel work to let it slide in buttery-smooth. Now it's much brighter and cooler
gretnagreg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement