Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-22-2020, 06:52 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2021 Micro Mini 2108DS Order Fail

So around the end of August, 2020 we ordered a 2021Micro Mini 2108DS with just one option, 233- 15K BTU A/C

Received a call from the dealer the other day saying out rig was in. Around three weeks ago I watched a video on Youtube showing the 2021 2108DS. However in the video the 2108DS did not have a dinette but instead had a jackknife sofa. I called the dealer the next day and was assured the 2108DS we ordered would have the dinette. But unfortunately the unit delivered had the sofa.

The 2021 brochure shows the 2108DS with the dinette and just lists one option, 15.0 BTU a/c upgrade (which at this point, I'm not even sure if we got that, did not get past the sofa issue).

Our invoice just has: 2021 MINNIE 2108DS. No mention of any options.

Tried to reach out to Winnebago, still have not heard from them. Dealer says they can swap out the sofa for the dinete, but of course, it's impossible to say how long that will take.

At this point we're going give it a week or two and see what they can do, else we may just refuse it and try to get our down payment back.
Frankf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:26 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

It sounds like your problems are a combination of miscommunication between you and the dealer as well as possible component shortages that led to delivery of the sofa.

Your invoice says why you didn't get the A/C option. You didn't formally order it. ALWAYS check the invoice or order form before you finalize a purchase.

The sofa/dinette may also have been the same problem. Even though you saw pictures of a dinette the two may be interchangeable optional selections. You see that on a lot of RVs. You should have explicitly stated which one you were buying on the order form/invoice.

Both of these were as much or more the dealer's fault than yours. He knows how to specify orders correctly and you don't.

I would accept the RV as is, but hold back a thousand $ until the sofa is replaced with a dinette. I do expect it will take a long time due to bureaucracy, logistics and just plain sloth. So be patient.

If you can't wait, then cancel the order. I suspect the dealer can sell this RV in a few weeks in today's market.

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:53 AM   #3
Site Team

The Micro Mini 2108 DS specs on the Winnebago website clearly shows the Jacknife Sofa is an optional item.

See the screen capture below.

I would guess your dealer didn’t really “Order” you a trailer to your spec. He just got one in and the one that came in had the jacknife sofa option.

I would reject this one and either look around for one factory equipped the way you want or find a more honest dealer that will actually “order” your RV as you want.

Also, there are other options besides the sofa and the 15k btu A/C unit. There is a different fridge option, as well. The optional fridge is “ 8 cubic ft. gas/electric refrigerator” to replace the standard “ 10.3 cubic ft. 12V refrigerator.” This choice would make a big difference if you wanted to dry camp / boondock a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10E45BBB-8B6F-4CEE-B082-A7237BB1D20B.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	175431  
Old 10-22-2020, 09:14 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
The Micro Mini 2108 DS specs on the Winnebago website clearly shows the Jacknife Sofa is an optional item.

See the screen capture below.

I would guess your dealer didn’t really “Order” you a trailer to your spec. He just got one in and the one that came in had the jacknife sofa option.

I would reject this one and either look around for one factory equipped the way you want or find a more honest dealer that will actually “order” your RV as you want.

Also, there are other options besides the sofa and the 15k btu A/C unit. There is a different fridge option, as well. The optional fridge is “ 8 cubic ft. gas/electric refrigerator” to replace the standard “ 10.3 cubic ft. 12V refrigerator.” This choice would make a big difference if you wanted to dry camp / boondock a lot.
Yes you are correct. Best I can tell there are two interior options:
561 Jackknife sofa
434 8 Cubic Foot Gas/Electric refrigerator

One exterior option:
233 15k BTU a/c

We're first time RV buyers so we just told the dealer exactly what we wanted and assumed they would get it. In hind site we should have insisted it be listed on the invoice exactly what we wanted. Perhaps this can be a lesson to future buyers.

Anyhow, we are going to wait and see if they can deliver the the sofa. No need on taking the unit only to have to bring it back and drop it off for a week or two for the fix. Hopefully all will work out.
Frankf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:32 AM   #5
Site Team

Have you considered the fridge choice?

We have folks new to RVing show up here every day lamenting that they have a 12v DC fridge because they want to dry camp/boondock and they don't have enough battery to last more than 10 hours running the DC fridge.

The 12vdc fridge is larger and operates better than the gas absorption fridge but it uses enough power that you will need to mostly camp where you have AC electric shore power.

The 2-way RV fridge works on propane or 110v AC. With it you can easily camp without power hookups for a number of days without worry.

Only you can know what works best for you and your camping plans. But you should consider it. Once purchased it would be difficult if not impossible to change from one to the other.

If you go with the 12vdc fridge you can add batteries, solar panels and a generator and do fine for dry camping, but all that will be extra cost items.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:16 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Have you considered the fridge choice?

We have folks new to RVing show up here every day lamenting that they have a 12v DC fridge because they want to dry camp/boondock and they don't have enough battery to last more than 10 hours running the DC fridge.

The 12vdc fridge is larger and operates better than the gas absorption fridge but it uses enough power that you will need to mostly camp where you have AC electric shore power.

The 2-way RV fridge works on propane or 110v AC. With it you can easily camp without power hookups for a number of days without worry.

Only you can know what works best for you and your camping plans. But you should consider it. Once purchased it would be difficult if not impossible to change from one to the other.

If you go with the 12vdc fridge you can add batteries, solar panels and a generator and do fine for dry camping, but all that will be extra cost items.
For any dry camping, an absorption fridge is the way to go

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:19 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I suspect the LP/Electric absorption fridge is actually standard. The absorption fridge was listed as an option on the 2401RG also, but despite not being on my invoice, I have it. In fact, I didn't see a single Minnie or Minnie Micro that had the 12V fridge when I was shopping. Here in SoCal, pretty much all came with the 15K AC upgrade listed on the invoice, and many had the 30# LP tanks listed.
Old 10-22-2020, 02:08 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy View Post
I suspect the LP/Electric absorption fridge is actually standard. The absorption fridge was listed as an option on the 2401RG also, but despite not being on my invoice, I have it. In fact, I didn't see a single Minnie or Minnie Micro that had the 12V fridge when I was shopping. Here in SoCal, pretty much all came with the 15K AC upgrade listed on the invoice, and many had the 30# LP tanks listed.
The specs on the website have the 12vdc fridge standard and the RV fridge as an option. Perhaps they made the 12vdc fridge standard for the new model year???

I think the LP tanks, like the battery, are dealer installed items, are they not?
Old 10-22-2020, 02:45 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

LP tanks are factory supplied and dealer installed on the towables. 20# tanks are standard, 30# tanks are an option. Note the brochure also lists a cooktop and convection microwave as standard, but all the 2021 minnies and micro minnies I see for sale have the range and a standard microwave. I know the propane oven isn't the greatest, but I wouldn't trade it for a convection that I couldn't use for 90% of my camping. Maybe this will be implemented mid year, but electric appliances seem counter to what the minnie/microminnie are marketed as.
Old 10-28-2020, 05:30 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I agree don’t take the RV with the sofa. They will drag their heels and keep you at their mercy. It is worth the stress and phone calls etc. I know what can go wrong, I bought a Micro Minnie 2108tb in August and I still dealing with things I wasn’t aware of or parts broken that are under warranty. It’s a horror story. Good luck!
MaggieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 06:44 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

The post 8/1/2020 builds have convection microwaves and no oven. The 12V fridge is standard. The new ones are referred to as 2021B. The pre-8/20 builds are referred to as 2021A on their spec sheets and include an oven with a standard microwave. The 2021A 2108 models did not have the option for a couch, whereas the 2021B models do (to compensate for ending 2106 production).

Go over it thoroughly. The 2306BHS I had "claimed" came with the 12V fridge (not my preferred choice), a couple of small interior panels missing under the bunk, poorly installed chloroplast, and the wrong axles installed (2500# instead of 4000#). I walked away from that one and it still sits there weeks later waiting for new axles (and no end in sight according to my dealer).

Lucky for me its "shipping buddy" was a 2100BH with the absorption fridge and no apparent build issues.
backtrack15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 05:02 AM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Some thoughts to think about.

The couch option used to be 2106 ds. I wanted that version but ended up finding the 2108ds from someone who used it for tailgating. Never slept in it and still had cellophane on the TV. Anyway. If in fact they switch the couch out you will have some extra storage as the couch version has storage over head and then the storage under the the storage under the seats of dinette. My only concern is the couch version is a flat slide out while the dinette at least in mine is about 8 or 10 inches off the floor... it is higher. I have contacted winnebago towables repeatedly to find out information they have been decent about getting back to me but their manual leave a lot to be desired. Good luck to you. I hope they change it and you get what you want. The extra storage would be great...as long as you have enough head room to sit down! Also quick comment on the air conditioner if you dont have documentation on the upgrade i would assume it is not an upgrade. Good luck
Antes is offline   Reply With Quote