Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-22-2021, 08:08 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

After a little work and multiple emails to Xite/Riverpark, the wireless backup system works. There are two main connectors behind the XSG3NA core unit that create the wiring rats nest. The connectors segregate the functions for power and AV. All of the AV wires are labeled while the wires to the power connector are not. My initial problem was that I could read and found an RCA connector labeled "Video In" and assumed that was what I needed. Since it didn't work, it became obvious that it wasn't. It turns out that WGO specified that all of the AV connections for this core unit are disabled. Why? Only the gods at WGO know.

In the power connector bundle, there are connections for some other uses, one of which is analog video. The tech at Riverpark told me that was the input that I needed. After pulling everything apart again and tracing the wires, I found another RCA connector stuffed behind a dash frame member. When I plugged my wireless video feed in there, everything worked. The video is good and I can turn it on at will or it will come on when the transmission is shifted into reverse, so no need for an additional monitor.

Sometimes you just have to be persistent and the techs can be helpful. My thanks to Josh at Riverpark for putting up with me through this project.
LAT-LON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 10:34 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

You didn't mention if the RCA connector behind the dash member that worked had any markings on it at all, or on the cable or plug color?
Old 08-05-2021, 08:08 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

The rear of the radio has two main harnesses; one for power & Aux functions and one for all of the other Video & audio inputs/outputs. In my RV, none of these AUX functions were used and in fact they were all turned off per WGOs specifications. I ended up removing that harness altogether to free up space behind the radio. If you find that any of these wires are connected to anything other than the digital camera, then leave the harness connected.

The remaining harness only has one wire with an RCA connector, so you can't get it wrong. The camera currently mounted on your RV is digital and will not work with this connector. It is for analog cameras only. As I mentioned in my previous posts, I chose to go with a wireless camera system. It it not ideal, but better than not having a backup camera. I mounted the new camera near where the original one was and used its hole in the outer wall to bring the new camera cables into the RV. That location was inside a cabinet in the bedroom, so when all was done, there was nothing exposed.
Old 09-04-2021, 01:25 PM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAT-LON View Post
In the power connector bundle, there are connections for some other uses, one of which is analog video. The tech at Riverpark told me that was the input that I needed. After pulling everything apart again and tracing the wires, I found another RCA connector stuffed behind a dash frame member. When I plugged my wireless video feed in there, everything worked. The video is good and I can turn it on at will or it will come on when the transmission is shifted into reverse, so no need for an additional monitor.
I ran across your dilemma while scouring the internet for info on the RP HD Camera. I struggled with intermittent backup camera operation in my 2019 View D. I eventually discovered that where the extension cable connects to the camera cable, up under the rear top end cap, had just enough play in it to cause my loss of video problem. Pushed it together snugly and taped it, 100% camera operation since then.

I'm still searching for a solution to "adapt" the RP HD Camera to an RCA plug for greater flexibility.
richj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 08:04 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Glad to hear that you got your PR camera working. Suspected that it was in the wiring someplace, but it was too lazy to start disassembling the RV to find the problem. Too late for me now, but how did you get at the cabling under the rear cap?

The RP camera system is all digital. The video signal is impressed on top of the camera's DC power lines. While researching the problem, I never found a alternate replacement from any other vendor and that's why I went with a wireless system. The video is probably not as good, but the cost and labor involved was much less. Plus, if I want a better camera, there are many to choose from on the Internet.
Old 09-05-2021, 01:03 PM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAT-LON View Post
Glad to hear that you got your PR camera working. Suspected that it was in the wiring someplace, but it was too lazy to start disassembling the RV to find the problem. Too late for me now, but how did you get at the cabling under the rear cap?

The RP camera system is all digital. The video signal is impressed on top of the camera's DC power lines. While researching the problem, I never found a alternate replacement from any other vendor and that's why I went with a wireless system. The video is probably not as good, but the cost and labor involved was much less. Plus, if I want a better camera, there are many to choose from on the Internet.
On my 2019 View D, I managed to fish the cable out of the opening below the rear cap, taped it up tight and shoved it back in. I know on at least one of the other floor plans, that cable and connection is in a cabinet at the rear of the rig somewhere.

Thanks for the info on the HD Cam. Was hoping to find a simple solution. Not so much for me, but many folks have replaced their head unit and adapting that existing HD Cam would be sweet!

Click image for larger version

Name:	9E7BB58B-A435-40ED-AD19-4BBBA4420A8E_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	362.4 KB
ID:	180773
Old 09-06-2021, 07:32 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Huh, hadn't thought of looking for the cable at the junction of the two piece cap. My original cable should be there as well since my RV is a 2019 24V model. Too late now, I tugged on the original cable, but it wouldn't budge, so I cut it off. (Suppose I could put it all back together, if it was really necessary.) I was able to punch through the rear wall right behind the original camera mount. This put the hole inside the rear bedroom wall cabinets. Picked up power for the new camera and transmitter from a USB charger port near by. The under the dash part was very simple. Like I mentioned, I actually removed one unused harness to help remove some of the cable clutter behind the radio.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:24 AM   #28
Winnebago Watcher

Well, hopefully the info here helps someone else down the road.

That useless harness was removed the first time I was poking around back there checking things out.

Name:	FEEB76B6-1FA3-4237-B7B3-D1D242AD3B38_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	328.7 KB
ID:	180780
Old 09-29-2021, 01:35 PM   #29
Winnebago Watcher

Enable Aux Ports.

I was able to figure out how to Jail break the XITE system and enable the additional AUX Ports. I even changed the startup logo.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 3.33.51 PM.png
Views:	65
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	180962  
Drizzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 02:18 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzay View Post
I was able to figure out how to Jail break the XITE system and enable the additional AUX Ports. I even changed the startup logo.
You can’t post just that and not provide complete details. That’s unfair to all of your fellow members here.
Old 09-29-2021, 03:08 PM   #31
Winnebago Watcher

Xcite "semi jailbreak"

You need the files from an XITE firmware update.

There is an OPTIONS.INF file there that can be modified to enable the various options. Once the changes are made you can rerun the update process to enable the changes.

To change the logo is a little more involved as you need a Windows CE emulator to run one of the applications that are on the firmware files that can convert images.

There is a chance that you can brick your unit.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	99083088_267835934573740_8705991218292588544_n.png
Views:	58
Size:	432.2 KB
ID:	180965  
Attached Files
File Type: txt OPTION.txt (6.5 KB, 60 views)
Old 09-29-2021, 07:29 PM   #32
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzay View Post
Very cool. Thanks for the details!
Old 09-29-2021, 08:41 PM   #33
Winnebago Watcher

I was able to enable the Moblie Eye prompts to show up on the Xite as well as the small display through this.
Old 10-02-2021, 01:06 PM   #34
Winnebago Owner

Sounds awesome! Wish I was tech savvy enough to do that!
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera