Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

How do the other rigs like the 2015 Coachmen Prism 24G compare to the View and Navion? Seems like there are several like Thor, Coachman, etc.
Headingout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:17 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headingout View Post
How do the other rigs like the 2015 Coachmen Prism 24G compare to the View and Navion? Seems like there are several like Thor, Coachman, etc.
My Navion has 18K Miles and is stored inside so the 2015 models my be different.
Just Looked at the Prism website and U-tube.
1. Like the outside compartment latches, Navion sometimes need a push on the ends to completely secure.
2. Like the location of generator but I would be cautious of the noise level in the main living area. That compartment on my Navion is used for things that do not need to be used at each site because it is a pain to get into with the slide out. Like tool box, air compressor, extra power cord, extra water pump, Oil/DEF/Fluids/tire repair kit. etc.
3. Rear storage is nice but is it deep enough to hold a folding lawn chair? I see storage inside under the foot of the bed that may take away from the compartments depth. Also the navion rear compartment interior has openings to the bedroom so any bugs/spiders that may be on any chairs, tables, mat's that you may store inside can and will end up in bed with you. NEED sealed compartments.
4. Outside TV, Really? If you need it.
5. Don't like the outside Water service location on Prism, See Navion's set-up.
6. Toilet paper roll should be moved and have storage in it's place.
7. Do not like control panel and switches on both models mounted low just inside the cabin door. Pain to see and use. have to stand in door way or take a knee. should be higher and back lit for ease of use.
Generally speaking now, I shopped 2.5 years for my rig and after many shows, dealership and internet research the Quality of the Winnebago line is IMHO slighter higher than the competition and that is not saying much. Quality Control is loosing out to production and sales on everything assembled in the USA. YMMV. Brian