Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-01-2021, 12:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Question about Equalizer Jacks

Hi all,

Quick question about the equalizer leveling auto leveling on my 2021 View 24D. If I leave the RV parked for period of time, maybe 3 days or more and then I start it, the jack alert comes on and beeps. The jacks are still up, but I have to cycle the all retract and then the alert goes away and then no issue. I inspected the jacks and the system parts next to the propane tank and there are no leaks. Otherwise no issues, system works fine for leveling and such. Is this normal beahvior?
misteracng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:17 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteracng View Post
Hi all,

Quick question about the equalizer leveling auto leveling on my 2021 View 24D. If I leave the RV parked for period of time, maybe 3 days or more and then I start it, the jack alert comes on and beeps. The jacks are still up, but I have to cycle the all retract and then the alert goes away and then no issue. I inspected the jacks and the system parts next to the propane tank and there are no leaks. Otherwise no issues, system works fine for leveling and such. Is this normal beahvior?
Quick question, you mentioned something about the autoleveling in your 1st sentence but later it sounds like the jacks were in the up position.

If you parked and walked away without leveling, and came back later and got the alarm then that is not normal.

On startup if the jacks were never used, you shouldn't get an alarm

1. You may be low on fluid.
2. The equalizer control pad on mine never shuts off automatically. You have to manually shut off the pad even after you shut the engine off and walk away. If you come back thr next day, the pad is still blinking. Doesn't seem that is correct to me but Equalizer said that is normal. Not sure if the alarm will go off when it's left in that position.
crah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Does not seem normal but one of the first things that I would do is assure myself that the fluid level is correct.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:43 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by crah View Post
Quick question, you mentioned something about the autoleveling in your 1st sentence but later it sounds like the jacks were in the up position.

If you parked and walked away without leveling, and came back later and got the alarm then that is not normal.

On startup if the jacks were never used, you shouldn't get an alarm

1. You may be low on fluid.
2. The equalizer control pad on mine never shuts off automatically. You have to manually shut off the pad even after you shut the engine off and walk away. If you come back thr next day, the pad is still blinking. Doesn't seem that is correct to me but Equalizer said that is normal. Not sure if the alarm will go off when it's left in that position.
Yes my jacks are up. I manually turn of the equalizer pad when not in use. But if left for a few days or more, then when I start the coach, the pad starts up and beeps the warning, but the jacks have not changed position. I have to cycle the all retract, there is some pump noise, and then alarm goes away, no issue. This doesnt happen for short periods of time. Would need to sit for several days at least. Ill have to check on the fluid level.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:29 PM   #5
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Yes my jacks are up. I manually turn of the equalizer pad when not in use. But if left for a few days or more, then when I start the coach, the pad starts up and beeps the warning, but the jacks have not changed position. I have to cycle the all retract, there is some pump noise, and then alarm goes away, no issue. This doesnt happen for short periods of time. Would need to sit for several days at least. Ill have to check on the fluid level.
My Lippert jacks will do the same thing, but it’s usually after more than a week.

My
1) Jacks are fully retracted
2) There are no signs of leaking fluid
3) The fluid level is full, and hasn’t changed at all

I just hit the retract button. Jacks don’t move, as they are already up. I’m ASSUMING it’s pressurizing the system and the warning stops.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
My Lippert jacks will do the same thing, but it’s usually after more than a week.

My
1) Jacks are fully retracted
2) There are no signs of leaking fluid
3) The fluid level is full, and hasn’t changed at all

I just hit the retract button. Jacks don’t move, as they are already up. I’m ASSUMING it’s pressurizing the system and the warning stops.
I called equalizer systems and they said something similar. It is normal for the jacks to lose some pressure or something, so the alarm sounds and you need to retract to shut off the alarm after its been sitting a while even though the jacks look like they are up. I watch the jacks after periodically and there is no sign of them dropping down on there own or anything like that. Ill continue to monitor.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:18 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Am I reading correctly that your equalizer pad lights up when you start the engine?
Old 02-01-2021, 05:43 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Am I reading correctly that your equalizer pad lights up when you start the engine?
It depends. If I turn the equalizer off and its retracted, it does not turn on the next time I start the coach, normal no issues. After sitting a few days, when I start the coach, the pad will light up and beep with the alarm light in the dash saying jacks are down, but they are not down. Hitting all retract runs a cycle, jacks dont move and then the alarm stops and you can turn the pad off.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:21 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
It depends. If I turn the equalizer off and its retracted, it does not turn on the next time I start the coach, normal no issues. After sitting a few days, when I start the coach, the pad will light up and beep with the alarm light in the dash saying jacks are down, but they are not down. Hitting all retract runs a cycle, jacks dont move and then the alarm stops and you can turn the pad off.
I haven't had that problem and that doesn't sound normal and probably annoying. I've only had power gear leveling jacks and these equalizer jacks but don't have that issue at all.

Even if everyone says it's normal, that's just not right. I live in Vegas with huge temperature fluctuations within 24 hiurs and have never had that issue. Sounds like the fluid pressure is dropping enough for the sensor to go off. Not sure of the correct fix on this one.
Old 02-02-2021, 12:13 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I haven't had that problem and that doesn't sound normal and probably annoying. I've only had power gear leveling jacks and these equalizer jacks but don't have that issue at all.

Even if everyone says it's normal, that's just not right. I live in Vegas with huge temperature fluctuations within 24 hiurs and have never had that issue. Sounds like the fluid pressure is dropping enough for the sensor to go off. Not sure of the correct fix on this one.
I believe the explanation, but I will check the fluid levels as well. It just seems that it happens a bit more often then it should. Maybe if I left it for weeks then this would be a more plausible reason.
Old 02-07-2021, 06:07 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2021 24d with the same equalizer Jack’s. The manual says if you are stored for I think a week push the retract first to recharge the system. It will be in you Winnebago binders
Vince5764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 07:13 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Greetings,
I've had the same thing happen at times. Checked the manual and it references to just reset them and recommends to do so anytime it has been a few days since they were used.
RickoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 10:17 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I am dealing with a similar problem except worse. The jacks-down warning goes off many times when the vehicle has been parked for a couple of hours. An annoyance. It also goes off when driving the vehicle. More than an annoyance. Went through the usual routine of bleeding the system but that provides only short-term relief.
I contacted Equalizer and they acknowledged that this is a common problem (see this video Discussing Pump Pressure |[URL="
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks