Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-18-2022, 03:13 PM   #21
Living The Dream

The Mercedes Dealership in Grapevine has a dedicated service section for Sprinters.

https://www.mbgrapevine.com/?utm_sou...m_campaign=gmb

We had our last service performed there, better than previous experiences at the dealerships in Plano and McKinney. WAY better.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 04:12 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
The Mercedes Dealership in Grapevine has a dedicated service section for Sprinters.

https://www.mbgrapevine.com/?utm_sou...m_campaign=gmb

We had our last service performed there, better than previous experiences at the dealerships in Plano and McKinney. WAY better.
WOW. That looks great. If they can get us in and out as quickly as it says, then they are going to have our business.

Thank you for the info!
Stevie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 04:17 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

There’s a full on awning recall on your unit. There’s actually a stop sale order. Join the view Navion Facebook page for more information.

You don’t need to be level to run your compressor refrigerator.
NavOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 04:44 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavOwner View Post
There’s a full on awning recall on your unit. There’s actually a stop sale order. Join the view Navion Facebook page for more information.

You don’t need to be level to run your compressor refrigerator.
We are familiar with the recall, but thank you anyway.

And according to the refrigerator manual, the coach needs to be very close to level or it will damage the refrigerator.
Old 10-23-2022, 04:51 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

So you know there’s a recall, you know there’s no fix yet, and you’re still asking? Most people are disconnecting the fuse and using zip ties to keep closed. Not sure what else there is.
NavOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 06:44 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

When I originally started this thread I wasn't aware of the recall. Nor were some others. Winnebago advised me of that a few days later.

Did you bother to read all of the thread? If so ... what's our point here?
Old 12-12-2022, 09:09 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Are there any official instructions and pictures for finding this fuse and wire? I got the recall notice last week and my 2022 View 24d is affected.

All it said was don't use the awning. Now it's beeping every 30 seconds and changing the motion sensor batteries didn't help.
Splaktar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 10:39 AM   #28
'21 View 24J

Hi - On our ‘21 View I disabled the awning by removing power to the circuit breaker. The CB is located on the circuit breaker panel on the outboard side of the passenger seat pedestal.

If you lift up the foam dust cover on the pedestal, you will be able to see the yellow power wire going to the 15 amp CB on the second row. On our ‘21 View there is a blank slot right above the awning CB, so reaching, and pulling, the yellow wire spade connector off was not difficult. With this power wire removed, there is no power available to the awning.

At this point, I’m not exactly sure if our ‘21 View is affected by this recall, but we don’t use our awning very much so disabling it seemed like a conservative thing to do.

Cheers,
Ontario Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 04:06 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Thank you. I was able to find that fuse location.

However, I am not familiar with how to use these solenoids.

I did get my awning to finally recognize the new batteries by turning on and off the Coach Battery next to the awning controls. Disconnecting the coach battery while connected to shore power didn't do the trick.

I will dig around a bit under the passenger seat and look for this foam.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20221213_041701065.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	184798  
Splaktar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 04:25 PM   #30
'21 View 24J

Hi again - The circuit breakers you found on the passenger seat pedestal have connectors, accessible from inside the pedestal. If you lift up the foam dust cover protecting the wiring and components inside the pedestal, you will see the connectors on the back of each of the breakers on this panel. Once you pull one of the connectors off of the awning circuit breaker, no power will be able to flow to the awning.

Hope that helps,

Cheers
Ontario Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 06:08 PM   #31
Winnebago Watcher

Try this Awning Deployment

The wife and I head out in our 2018 Winnebago View and at 60 mph the awning deploys...rips off the vehicle and rockets into the field next to the vehicle. Thank goodness no other cars were next to us or it could have been worse. We stripped away the frame while right off the interstate and made our way to the campground. I spent 9 hours removing the rails and the lovely, thick glue using clothes pins so as not to scratch the side of the vehicle. When I got home I reached out th Winnebago. They you said ‘tough luck’ not covered in any recalls (although it was an underway deployment). I reported the failure to the Highway Transportation Safety Board and my Senator, telling them both that there could be seriously dangerous deployments of Winnebago awnings while the vehicle was underway and that the company would not repair, replace, or respond to this failure of a system they say, “...locks the awning in place to ensure an underway deployment does not occur!”
It did occur. And other owners need to be aware of this hazard!
hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 07:56 PM   #32
Site Team

Greetings hoppy,
No doubt about it; this is a design issue. I think of how my awning works, and it has support braces and is an old and well-established design. How many times does it seem that the old ways are better?
You could just do without an awning, or perhaps buy one that is of a more traditional design.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 09-21-2023, 12:30 PM   #33
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2022 and was notified through Winnebago There was a recall on a part on the awning because that could happen. Call Winnebago and tell them what happened and they should repair it .
Gator1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, view