Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-20-2024, 06:24 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

HWH auto-leveling system on View 24D

Quick question or three for those using the HWH levelers on their 24D View or Navion. I can't find any definitive information on where exactly they are installing the pump/reservoir for these on the View. There's a good youtube video discussing the attributes but they blow thru that part so fast you can't really tell where it goes. I know the touch pad location is by the driver's left knee. Also any feedback on this system would be appreciated.
Riverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 08:48 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Answered elsewhere
Old 01-25-2024, 09:34 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Care to share the link to your answer? Thanks
Gkiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 09:46 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkiesel View Post
Care to share the link to your answer? Thanks
I found it on the Lichtsinn RV website. I also received an answer from a member on a Facebook Winnebago forum who has the system. It's been moved from next to the propane tank to up underneath and behind the passenger door in some open space. Seems hard to access but I'm told it's not too bad.
Old 01-25-2024, 10:03 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

One of the problems we often have on the forum is a lack of specifics on which year, make, model of RV! Without knowing what we are talking about, there is little way to dig out the info, so it is often not answered.
In this case, if we are speaking of the 2024 view, you get a different answer than for a 2015!
The 2024 has option 60M as standard and shows this:
Click image for larger version

Name:	jacks.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	188267

Looking at the 2015, it doesn't list an option for jacks as OEM, so the decisions of where to put things would be more prone to what each installer might find works for them. Normally I think of the pump , etc. as being nearer the front as cabling has to be run from the controls to the pump and that can limit the distance to what is preinstalled on the specific jack brand, etc.
In the 2024, the controls appear to be installed near the entry door, rather than the more common dash location?? So where they are putting what, will change depending on what year, make, model, etc. !
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 10:13 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
One of the problems we often have on the forum is a lack of specifics on which year, make, model of RV! Without knowing what we are talking about, there is little way to dig out the info, so it is often not answered.
In this case, if we are speaking of the 2024 view, you get a different answer than for a 2015!
The 2024 has option 60M as standard and shows this:
Attachment 188267

Looking at the 2015, it doesn't list an option for jacks as OEM, so the decisions of where to put things would be more prone to what each installer might find works for them. Normally I think of the pump , etc. as being nearer the front as cabling has to be run from the controls to the pump and that can limit the distance to what is preinstalled on the specific jack brand, etc.
In the 2024, the controls appear to be installed near the entry door, rather than the more common dash location?? So where they are putting what, will change depending on what year, make, model, etc. !
Thanks for calling this to my/our attention!
In this case, I'm referencing a 2023 View 24D.
Old 01-25-2024, 10:48 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

This is the interactive parts catalog which is one I love for digging out details of many different RV. It can be a lifesaver for finding things that may be hidden as we can "look through walls" on it. Avoid crawling when we can?
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

For the 2023 and 2024 versions, I see something that I had not noticed before!
Is there now an interlock to the steps that might depend on step location to move the jacks? or a new feature to extend the steps, using the jack pump as power?
Click this snip to get a better view!

Name:	interlock.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	188268
Something we might want to know about if the leveling or steps suddenly stopped working?
Old 01-25-2024, 11:08 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Interesting that it still shows the pump being installed in the propane tank compartment. According to the folks at Lichtsinn, at least they have relocated the pump to the aforementioned location behind the passenger door. Seems par for the RV course, of course.
Old 01-25-2024, 12:07 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

It may also be a case of how the OEM option is installed by Winnebago versus what an aftermarket installer may feel works better for him?
We went through a deal with Camping World near us and looked the install over completely, down to drawings of where the control, pump and jacks were going to go.
but when we went to pick it up, the installer had never heard of doing it that way!
He put it all where he wanted and stated that was the only way he had ever installed jacks.
Our big hangup was that the sales/ service group had kept our copy of the plan and we had nothing to go on to get it installed like we wanted! That install put the pump IN one of the compartments, not underneath! Installed by drilling through the thin metal bottom of the compartment and pulling the floor up at the bolts so that the compartment floor was already separating from the walls!
We don't even stop at Camping World any more!

In this case, moving the pump to the other side would make the run up to the controls shorter as well as the line they show going to the step area would be less. Maybe just one of those things that each install looked at it differently?
Old 01-25-2024, 12:22 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Lichtsinn claims to be the #1 Winnebago dealer in the US, and are only a mile, I think, from the factory. And as far as I know, the HWH touchpad control module is mounted near the driver's left knee. They offer no explanation in their installation video as to why they moved the pump. Theirs is also the only auto leveling system that I'm aware of that doesn't mount the touchpad next to the steps. I shall see for myself next week on this particular View. The current owner has not even had much chance to familiarize himself with it, and it's in storage, so his memory is fuzzy on such details.
Old 01-26-2024, 06:44 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Lichtsinn RV is installing HWH levelers on my new 24D. When I pick it up next month I can provide you more details from what I learn from them.
BlakeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 06:55 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeM View Post
Lichtsinn RV is installing HWH levelers on my new 24D. When I pick it up next month I can provide you more details from what I learn from them.
Thanks, though I can probably let you know first. We're driving 7 hours to see and possibly purchase the 24D next Monday/Tuesday, so I'll get to see for myself. As this was sold as a new '23 in September of '22, I have no idea if they'd changed the pump location yet.
Old 01-26-2024, 08:17 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

It will be interesting to see what you each find. It can look logical for the setup to change and I do see it done on lots of the drawings in other parts of the Rv.
Looking at this pump location, moving it to the passenger side may be as simple as somebody noting it would save a small amount of labor in running from the pump unit to the controls if both were on that side. I normally think of the controls as being placed near the drivers seat for several reasons.
One point that may have also driven away from putting the controls at the door may have been the "joy-stick" style that would have stuck out really bad near the door. Newer design with tactile pad switch may be much less inclined to snag us as we go in and out?

When they started, it was probably set to get the driver in the seat, verify the brake was on and engine running. That meant it would be much handier to have the control near the driver.
But with the newer units like this one, the driver's seat area may be getting more crowded and they may find people like to do it from the door.
When we had aftermarket jacks added we, went to some good deal of thought and wanted the controls near the door, even though it might make using them a bit different than other RV we had used.
At that time we were doing lots of camping where we were often setting the jacks down on large rounded rocks. To avoid damage to the jack pads, I got used to wanting to watch them come down, so I could get the rocks out of the wrong place!
We worked it out that my wife would do the controls while I watched from the door and moved rocks as needed, so having the controls near the door was what we drew up.
NOT what Camping World installed , though!

Finding what has been done is step one but step two of finding why may never seem right!
Old 01-27-2024, 03:10 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Thanks again Richard for your thoughtful commentary. It's people like yourself that make these forums especially valuable. I'm just plain anxious to finally get to see the View we're considering, and the details of the HWH levelers are but one of many things on my mind. If I had my druthers, I'd probably like to see the pump in the propane tank bay and the control pad by the coach door, and probably only because that's where I'm used to seeing them and is where the rear stabilizer controls are in our Isata 3. I'm sure I can easily adapt to a different location if that's the case, and I believe that HWH always locates their control pad up front from what I've gathered. I've also been told that the pump being on the passenger side is not a problem to check/replenish fluids, though it's hard to imagine it wouldn't be, but I don't think they'd place it there if it was problematic. If we do buy it, I'm pretty sure that I'll be doing most of my systems familiarization by the seat of my pants as the seller has hardly used it due to unfortunate health circumstances.
Old 01-28-2024, 06:04 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

HWH system on new 2024 Vita 24P

Riverbend,

Here is where the system is located on my new Vita 24P. I believe the controls are just inside the coach door to the left.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Vitajackpump.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	188290  
philbtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 08:51 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

HWH

HWH are after market products and installed after the main build. Most are done by the HWH factory in Moscow Iowa or Litcshinn. Not sure where they put the panel, but have seen them on the side of the cabinet at the house door or by the driver. It’s the installer choice. The pump is typically locate under the floor behind the passenger seat. This is not going be reflected in any factory drawings. Who ever installed them is going to be critical. If is anyone other than the two I mentioned I would do more due diligence.
MattPraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 06:59 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

This one has the pump underneath and behind the passenger door, and the control pad by the driver's left knee. Installed by Lichtsinn in Iowa. Beautiful View, and it's coming home with us tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2024, 07:25 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Congrats, see ya on the road
MattPraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 08:28 PM   #19
Winnebago Master

Okay, this begins to look right as it matches the latest drawings they have got online so far.
The 23 and 24 are not up yet but if we look back at the 22 models, all the info from different places begins to match up.
Not only does the drawings show the pump location changed from what had been "standard" for most jacks but the propane tank has also moved to the passenger side on this specific RV! The controls are shown as being just inside the entry door at the passenger side as well.
These are the locations shown on the 2022 drawings but for this large change, I would assume they will stay the same on the 2024----until something else drives more changes!
From the hands on picture above:

Name:	loc1.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	188295
From the LP drawings we get it shown just to rear of the entry door:

Name:	loc3.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	188296
And if we add the propane drawings to the jacks drawing, we get closer to the full story with the controls shown near the entry door after the move from the driver's seat area!

Name:	full.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	188297

For those we may still be shopping, this is option 60 M, so if interested in jacks, it may be worthwhile to verify that your specific RV has that option on the build sheet!

It's all there and makes sense once we add it all up but they are dragging a bit behind on the drawings. Not unusual for most things any more?
I went out to eat last night and then were certainly DRAGGING!
But I can be sure I will not starve in the next few days!
Old 01-30-2024, 12:24 AM   #20
Winnebago Owner

One thing that surprised me on this rig is that they did not remove the rear stabilizers after or corresponding with the HWH install. I don't know yet if they're still operational but will find out soon enough.

Tags
hwh, leveling, view