Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2020, 05:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Leveling Jack question HWH leveling system

I have a 2018 Spirit 31G MH and my HWH leveling jack system panel shows a green light that says "store" It no longer works and I am wondering if there is something I could check before I have to take it into the shop and lose my MH for a month or so. I am pretty new and I just don't know what I can check.
Westonbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Check the HWH manual that came with the motorhome. Probably in the black bag info case.
What does it say about this situation? The green "Store" light is supposed to flash during all jack retraction. What "no longer works"?
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Sorry for not being clear. But one day the jacks deploy both down and up. The next day the jacks don't deploy down. The control panel does nothing when you push the auto level button or any button for that matter. I've checked the manual and found no answers.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Suggestion: Give Paul Maddox a call. He works for HWH (sales IIRC) and lives in AZ. He has helped a lot of folks with HWH problems. 602-549-3638

The HWH mothership techs take weeks to return your call ..... they are that busy during the camping season. Paul will probably be out in the field but he will return your call. Be SURE to leave a message. He gets so many robo calls that if no message, he just deletes the call. If you have basic troubleshooting ability he will be a lot of help.

IMHO, a mobile tech would get things fixed a lot quicker (and likely cheaper) than the "shop".

Good luck with the fix and pls let us know how things turn out. Helps everybody.

Be safe.
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 06:20 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you very much! I'll give him a call. I'll let you know how everything turns out.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:43 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

For a quick and easy that "might" help, I find the fluid level is one thing that does far different things than I expected. My first failure was when we got to a site and extended but the jacks did not find level but just kept going higher until it reported unable to level, but at that point they would also not come down, which was a scary thought but we were there fro a few days so I had time to look it over.
Fluid was low and jacks returned to full function when the fluid was topped off!
I suggest doing a fluid check and also make sure the system gets good battery power by running the engine when using it.
Seems to be two critical items for the little electronic mind.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 03:21 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks I'll try that
Old 09-19-2020, 05:23 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Check your oil level for the system. mine deployed but wouldn't retract.
Tinbender47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:03 PM   #9

I forgot to mention the HWH electric motor is grounded by the 2 mounting screws. And over time these screws get grimy and no longer make a good ground. So if you are pushing buttons and nothing happens, maybe you should take out those two 5" long screws and add a ground wire. (Be sure you find a good ground using the continuity option on your voltmeter.) See pictures below.

This summer I added an extra ground wire to avoid getting stuck somewhere, someday. Call it good Preventative Maintenance (PM) everyone should consider doing someday soon.

Also, if your HWH fluid is 8+ years old you probably should replace it with straight Dexron III, I.e., get the basic stuff with no "High Mileage" additive in it. It only takes 7 quarts and if you use a 12V Scavenge Pump ($18) you will find this to be an easy service.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If this does not work, and if you check your fuses and they are okay, then maybe you need to remove your HWH control board and send it to HWH for service? First I would check to see if your HWH button is not making a good ground. To test for this you just need a Circuit Test Prob and...

1) Attach the test probe to ground and

2) Touch the probe tip to the back side of the HWH switch you think maybe bad. This will complete the circuit to ground and if your HWH system starts to work, then you know you need a new HWH face board.

Please let us know what you find?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2004 Horizon HWH Pump Motor Parker Part # RAP91243.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	315.7 KB
ID:	175029   Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH System.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	356.1 KB
ID:	175030  

imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 08:21 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Another quick thing to check... unscrew the control panel and gently ease it out. There is a cable that connects it to the main box. Sometimes it can loosen. Make sure it's tight. Also, most HWH models have light in the control box that indicate status and issues. Your manual should tell you if this is the case and what the various lights mean. Might give you a hint as to what the issue is... lack of power etc.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:25 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

First call HWH
They will have you check the fuses
If that is not the problem it’s probably the computer board, mine went out 18 months ago, started by not dispensing air then broke completely, just did it again.

I’ll take out the control panel on the dash, and the board attached to the tank and motors, mail those two items to them and they will fix.

Probably not the pumps or motors, but could be, if your not toolable I’d have an RV guy Come to your place and remove those for you to mail in.

Save some money.
pobstlmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 04:08 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

If you are able to sort out which system you have, there seems to be a great deal of good troubleshooting info here:
HWH® SERVICE and INSTALL INFORMATION
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:09 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

More questions than answers. I assume you have brakes set here.
Is the panel still lit, or is everything just dead?
If lit, do you see lights activating? Anything flashing?
if not, have you checked fuses? (Sorry, had to ask.)
If you're comfortable doing so, have you checked to see if you have power coming in to the panel?
Rick 99037 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, leveling