Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-02-2023, 04:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hot water issue 2017 Minnie Winnie 26A

We recently took a short trip in our 2017 Minnie Winnie 26A. We soon thought we had a leak in the propane when I opened the valve. I had not quite heard a noise like that coming from the tank sounded like it was filling the system? I didn’t smell any leak but checked with some soapy water where I could. All seemed ok. After getting set up inside, we opened a water valve in kitchen sink and bath. Finally most air was flushed out, decided to heat up some water after awhile. Water pressure seemed poor for awhile but eventually picked up to be adequate. So I checked the hot water line and found we had hot water in kitchen, also in the shower, BUT NO hot water in the bathroom sink. Pressure was low on hot water side. I thought it might be a air bubble which might be cleared after awhile but no such luck. Has anyone had this problem or can anyone maybe remedy this problem.
Jrb46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 10:12 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Jrb46,
You have given us two clues:
  1. The propane flow was making an unusual sound.
  2. You get hot water everywhere except the bathroom sink.
Could these two items be related? Perhaps you have something that shifted or crushed both the propane line and the hot water line to the bathroom sink?
Out of curiosity, when did you last inspect the sacrificial anode in the hot water tank?
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 07-04-2023, 03:39 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Upon reading your post a couple of times, it seems your propane issue was resolved. However, when you winterized did you turn on the stove value to let propane evaporate, never heard of doing that before but, that may have been the reason for the propane sound. I am taking it that you do have propane at the stove.

Hot water line at the bath sink. When is the last time you unscrewed the screen on the faucet. A lot of times that screen will become clogged and cause a flow issue. I guess from your post you are getting NO flow of water of any kind to the bath hot water side of the sink. That would lead me to believe a pinched line somewhere but seem unlikely. The faucet itself may the the problem, maybe the hot water value in the faucet is broken.

Good Luck
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 11:33 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Eagle 5 for response. Once I determined it appeared I had no propane (I hoped) I turned on propane again and sound had abated. Checked at range had fuel there so I then tried to heat water tank and that was successful. Then opened a couple faucets to let air out. Later checked hot water at kitchen sink, good, then shower good, bathroom no good.
I always after every trip drain my hot water tank replace anode if necessary. Could it be the sink valve itself since we had cold water but no hot. I think there is a mixing valve there correct?
Old 07-04-2023, 11:40 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks be happy. Just letting you know I never winterize my rig because we are in So Cal and temps even in winter never get cold enough to be an issue. But maybe I should look into that. I’ll talk to a couple of service places and see what they say about this. But yes we did get fuel to the water heater and range so that was good and we are still in one piece!

Tags
water