Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-09-2023, 05:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2019 Outlook 31 N rock guard repair

On our return home we were near Springfield Mo on I-44 when the outside dual on the driver's side blew. Fortunately we were near an exit and able to pull over on the ramp and get the two tires replaced. Thanks Coach Net. The metal banding in the tire caught the rock guard bending it against the inside dual. There was no other damage to the RV. The tire repairman tried to bend the guard back but there was no room between the guard and black water tank to bend it enough to clear the tire. He installed a come along that pulled the plate back to provide clearance from the tire and tank. This worked for the drive back to the Phoenix area.
Is it possible to remove and repair the rock guard without removing the black tank?
I got under the RV to try to determine how to remove it and couldn't see any fasteners on the tire side. Before jacking it up and removing the duals in the 110 degree Phoenix heat I'd appreciate any advice.
GJOoutlook31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 05:30 PM   #2
Site Team

Is it possible to add a bolt-on bracket to hold the rock-guard in the correct position? Perhaps a welder could fabricate something which could be easily added?
Eagle5
Old 07-09-2023, 05:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Unfortunately the only attachment is along the top. The Winnebago 3D view shows it. I may need to find a metal worker to look at it.
GJOoutlook31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair