Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2021, 06:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Fridge replacement

Looking to replace Norcold 3150 in a 2017 Navion 24V with a 12v compressor fridge. Anyone done that? Is there room to put larger one in cutting some of the bottom trim?

Thanks
Old 08-24-2021, 03:33 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

You most likely will get alot of impute on this. So heres mine, even though I do not have the 3150, I have changed out a 1200.

I went between repair and replace for many months. I first thought of a house type refg. but decided I was not a good enough carpenter to make it look like it belonged. So I thought about replacement, to get a new one in would have to be through the windshield. That stopped that thought.

I ended up with a new cooling unit from JC Refrigeration and could not be happier. As I am always plugged in I went with the 120v only replacement. Its a very easy DIY project and the folks at JC walk you through everything. I would at least think about it. https://jc-refrigeration.com/

Good Luck safe travels
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, fridge, replace, replacement