Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-02-2021, 05:43 PM   #21
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoneggs View Post

I do not plan to load up the toad other than a bike rack to carry our two bikes when the toad is attached (about 100lbs total).
“Plan”, is the operative word, until your better half sees all that “extra” space.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:55 PM   #22
Living The Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoneggs View Post
.... snipped ....

I do not plan to load up the toad other than a bike rack to carry our two bikes when the toad is attached (about 100lbs total).
While we use our motorhome and toad often throughout the year, we take one long trip annually, too. Typically 3 or 4 months and thousands of miles.

When we depart, our toad is basically our Ford Escape. Not much extra weight. By the time we return home I refer to it as my wife’s “trailer.” Lots of souvenirs, gift purchases, etc. Happens every time! Sometimes even rocks, pine cones and other found treasures.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 10:19 AM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvestmac View Post
I saw somewhere towing a hybrid vehicle could fry the hybrid battery. I don't know if that would apply to a SUV.
Nope if the hybrid is certified for towing. The Ford Escape is and can be easily towed with no damage to the hybrid battery. Actually, the reason that most hybrids cannot be towed is because of the electrical drivetrain. Somehow, Ford has figured that out.
ibwalkn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, towing, view