Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2020, 07:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Hitch extension for towing by dolly behind storage chest

We just bought a 2020 View 24D. We added a “KOMO chest” which attaches to the rear number for storage. This adds 3 feet to the back end. We have decided to get a toad and to tow it on a dolly. I know we need a hitch extension to clear the storage chest. Has anyone done a dolly tow system in this or similar configuration? If so, what are the pros/cons? Thx!
Lutefiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 03:46 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

That Komo Chest is big. If its like the one I saw it is 34" deep. The frame work did not look strong enough to hold another towed item. You would have to have something custom made to act as a hitch ball for the tow dolly to connect to. I think its a bad, bad idea. If you want to do this please ask the tow dolly mfg and hitch mfg for their professional guidance. I would take what ever you are caring in the Komo and put in the car.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:47 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by be happy View Post
I think its a bad, bad idea. If you want to do this please ask the tow dolly mfg and hitch mfg for their professional guidance. I would take what ever you are caring in the Komo and put in the car.
This sound correct to me, as well.

Tags
storage, tow, towing