Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-26-2024, 09:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Entertainment System 2017 Minnie Winnie 31G

Hi y’all I have a 2017 Minnie Winnie 31G got it used and I have a TV in main kitchen area and a TV in the bedroom and one for the outside. My question is there is a blue ray disk player on opposite side from TV with a 3 way HDMI switch. I presumed the switch would let me plug in a HDMI and stream from my PC but NOOOOOO. is anyone familiar with this configuration? I tried to up load the part maybe on next thread. Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0669.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	189056  
cvodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 10:01 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

That will be wiring added aftermarket, so online info will be scarce unless you can find somebody with that item or find a brand and model number to look up. tough unless you get lucky?
But what you may need is info on what it had as built. That can be helpful as a step toward building what you may want as there are tape markers put on when built to help ID the different coax and what/where to expect the other end!
You will need to check the serial number for the best info as there were two different builds in that year.
One way to get that serial number is on a label next to the driver's side. Look for serial number of the RV, not confused with the VIN which is the chassis!
The 7th digit of 1 or 2 is what the look for in this use but knowing for sure what you have is a big help if you need chassis part as the chassis and RV may be different years!
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm

Once down to the correct RV, look to the bottom of the list for TV connections. Notice the ID on different setups? Different RV will have different setups of different equipment, so it may take some searching to find one which most matches what YOU have?
On that drawings, there are wire ID of tape wrapped near the ends. Those should match the blu, grn, red, colors on the drawings as a way to understand what you have!
Using the first set of drawing types and then the installation drawings which give the physical layout to expect, you can begin to sort what might have been there if not changed!
The problem with audio/video wiring is that people often change them!
I would guess it to be a real "hunt and peck" search to find what you have and figure out how you want to change it!

Good luck on the chase!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 11:20 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you I figured it was a custom job I may just take it to someone who knows what they are doing and do it so I will know going forward and for new owner when I sell.
Cheers
Old 05-27-2024, 07:27 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

i have a 2019 31G. I would think the wiring on your 2017 would be the same. The original HDMI wiring will have a 2 way splitter in the cabinet above DVD player. That splitter has one leg going to the bunk TV location and the other going under the kitchen sink in the slide. Under there is another 2 way splitter going to the bedroom TV and the TV above the dinette. The splitter under sink can be accessed from panel behind the dinette cushion. I would start there and see what has been changed if anything. If you are not using the bunk TV eliminate that splitter and plug into the slide leg.
Old 05-27-2024, 07:32 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you very much!
Old 05-27-2024, 08:10 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

The OEM drawings seem to indicate there were splitters in what might be the same locations?
If the ID markers match, you may be in a good situation. Following what others have done is sometimes a trick that takes info, luck, and guessing!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 08:23 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thank you very much. This is a great group of people