Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-17-2023, 09:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

21 D entry door window

Hi folks sorry for the cross posting but not everyone is on Facebook. Our entry door window has become unstuck from the gasket and is hanging loose. I’ve taped it to the door using gorilla tape. The door from hell people call it. WB refuses to warranty it. Lippert says only fix is to replace the door.

Anyone had success regluing to the frameless gasket? I am worried about losing the whole thing on a country road.

Any suggestions about getting warranty on it?

Extended won’t cover $7k I guess not enough :-)

Thanks Tom
Tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 10:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I think you are asking about insurance coverage, but leaving out some of the details!
Like what year RV and if you bought it new and what the insurance says? Do you mean you have extended warrenty insurance and they are rejecting the claim?

One would need to read the policy to see what coverage you bought, as a starter.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 10:32 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Entry window

Morich
My header says 21D. Don’t know what other info you are needing. I read extended warranty it’s only mechanical.

So Lippert door from hell well known to be problematic with hinge corrosion, fitting issues, gasket problems and window falling out. It’s frameless. The adhesive they used did not work.

So that’s what I’m posting about. Tom
Old 04-17-2023, 11:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

When speaking of warrenty issues one big first question is how old the Rv and if you were the first owner. 21D sounds like a model number but tells us nothing about the RV other than possilby what model number. Since models are often made for many years, the warrenty on some will hav expired long ago, but some may still be in force.

If the extended warrenty did not list items like the door, then it is likely to not be a factor. If the new warenty period is past, it also is not likely to be a factor.

We don't see much in the way of issues with the door glass but I'm sure the folks who have the issue will find it one of their big concerns. The BIG issue for most of us is the one we currently have!

But then the question is more how or what to do to fix the door?
If you can post up a picture of the glass and where it is loose, some folks will likely have suggestions?
Old 04-17-2023, 12:00 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

It’s a 2021. D floor plan. First owner
Nothing to show the glass is taped to the door frame with gorilla tape. Quite a few complaints on the Facebook group
Tom
Old 04-17-2023, 12:03 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
Morich
My header says 21D. Don’t know what other info you are needing.
Tom, you don't have a 21D... you have a Navion - without the model name we have no idea what you are talking about.

Now, Winnebago has been making the Navion Class C motorhome for years and years. They routinely make changes so, the year of manufacture is vitally important too.

So, you have a ___?__ Navion. You know the year but we have zero idea what that year is.

UPDATE - while I was writing you added a post with the year. YEAH!

So, you don't have a "21D" you have a 2021 Navion 24D. Now, we know what you are talking about.

Unlike a View/Navion Facebook group, this Winnebago forum covers all years, models, floorplans and styles of RV from the past 50 years of Winnebago production. So, we need specifics.
Old 04-17-2023, 12:08 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

So sorry. Used to the Facebook site navion 2021 model D. Hope that clarifies. Door made by metalartt distributed by Lippert.
Old 04-17-2023, 12:26 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
So sorry. Used to the Facebook site navion 2021 model D.
So close ... it's a 24D, a 2021 Navion 24D = Year, Model, Floorplan.
Old 04-17-2023, 12:31 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

See on the Facebook sites they’re all referred to by year and floor plan like 21D. The navions are all 24 feet I believe. So it’s a 2021 Winnebago navion floor plan D. 24 feet theoretically although really I think it’s 26 feet. Are we all good now?
Tom
Old 04-17-2023, 01:40 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Ok! 2021 Navion 24D ! we can now look at the door plans ans see more what parts and size/shape might be involved.
Form your angle, it will be important to know what to call your RV in the future as well as what year the RV and chassis as it may be a year older. If you need RV parts, the RV model year will be the thing to use, but if you need chassis items like brakes, knowing if the rV is an early year build or older can make a big difference in chassis parts.

This may seem goofy until you think that the RV builders all order stripped chassis from different truck builders and they may set on the lot until the RV gets artound to adding the top RV parts. ther should be a tag/label near the drivers seat which lists lots of this info. Go to the owners manual for how to "decode" that info as it will help to get the right parts if you go to a parts store for something as simple as a gas cap!

My first suggestion would be to take the RV to let a glass shop look at it as they are the experts in windows of all types and also the much, much cheaper place to deal with replacing/restoring windows!
Kind of like a door at home, if you go to the store and need a new window they will likely have doors with windows in them but if you go to a place that sells glass, they sell glass!
A good shop will have done this before and know how and what to use.
Old 04-20-2023, 09:51 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

My Navion 2022 V had the window come loose this winter and while in Yuma I had a glass company remove it and reinstall with better adhesive. The bill was about $75 and it is better than new.
RazorKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 06:58 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Hi folks sorry for the cross posting but not everyone is on Facebook. Our entry door window has become unstuck from the gasket and is hanging loose. I’ve taped it to the door using gorilla tape. The door from hell people call it. WB refuses to warranty it. Lippert says only fix is to replace the door.

Anyone had success regluing to the frameless gasket? I am worried about losing the whole thing on a country road.

Any suggestions about getting warranty on it?

Extended won’t cover $7k I guess not enough :-)

Thanks Tom

Tom,

Not sure if this is helpful but we just had the window in our door replaced. Not due to any problems with the door or window, we just didn't care for the frosted glass so replaced it with clear glass to enhance our view. it cost us about $450 to have that done.
That said, I gave you this info to provide a rough estimate for repair or replacement. I realize it doesn't address your warranty or workmanship questions.
Good luck!
Chief deputy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, window