Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Entry Door Window Removal

My entry door window is fogged and I need to remove it to repair. Anybody removed theirs? I was about to start removing it but I thought I'd ask here before I broke it. It looks like there could be a couple of ways to remove it - remove the insulated glass only or remove the frame and disassemble it on the bench.

I was quoted $625 for new glass so I thought It was worth a try to repair it. I just got through repairing one of the bedroom swing-out windows that was fogged and it turned out pretty good.

Thanks for any advise

Ron
Old 08-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
aa1ssradio

I just removed mine frame and all. Took it to a glass shop and they redid it for $250 bucks. A glass shop can get you any kind of glass you need fairly inexpensive.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Ranger Smith
Did you remove the 20 screws to remove the frame? Was it held in with butyl tape?
Thanks
Ron
Old 08-10-2013, 05:55 AM   #4
aa1ssradio

I removed all the screws. It had a black kind of butyl tape behind it. The glass company included it and gave me a roll to reinstall.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thank You!
Exactly what I needed to know.
Ron
Old 08-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwing View Post
My entry door window is fogged and I need to remove it to repair. Anybody removed theirs? I was about to start removing it but I thought I'd ask here before I broke it. It looks like there could be a couple of ways to remove it - remove the insulated glass only or remove the frame and disassemble it on the bench.

I was quoted $625 for new glass so I thought It was worth a try to repair it. I just got through repairing one of the bedroom swing-out windows that was fogged and it turned out pretty good.

Thanks for any advise

Ron

And just how did you repair it. Mine is fogged up also?
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I removed the window, separated the panes, cleaned them and polished them for a while with my buffer, cleaned them again and reassembled with the components I bought from a glass repair business in Oregon.

This bedroom window is tinted and that might be part of the reason it looks ok. I already have all the material to repair a couple more so I thought it would be worth a try to repair the entry door window which is clear.

Ron

Tags
door, removal, window