Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-27-2021, 07:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2016 View Infotainment System needs replacement

Hi, I'm brand new to the forum and in need of input

My Infotainment system went out on my 2016 View and I was wondering if anyone out there had found a replacement unit they're happy with. I found the original screen to dim for daylight use and no guides on the backup camera. I'd like to maintain an RV GPS feature in the replacement unit. Thank you
Spinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 09:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Replacement car stereo/infotainment system

Recommend you look at the For All Intents and purposes thread for greater detail. I recently replaced the pioneer stock with the Jensen car10 (following the lead of another on the forum). It has apple CarPlay and android with a 10” screen. Used the wiring harness from pioneer cut wires and spliced with butt splices to Jensen wiring harness. Didn’t have to cut the backup camera power connections. Back up camera is great, but you have to be in reverse to see it.
Another Intent owner replaced with the new pioneer and it was plug and play no extra wiring required.
Old 04-28-2021, 04:02 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to the forum.
I gave up on the stock Xcite stereo in our 2016 View a year ago and replaced it with one from Kenwood. They make one with a RV gps but it ain't cheap. Since we use a stand alone Garmin, I chose a less expensive model (DNX997 I think). It has the back up camera guide lines and a bigger, better screen that tilts. The installer was able to restore the steering wheel controls.
We run with the camera on to keep an eye on the ebikes so I turned off the parking lines. Pretty good unit.
Regards, Mike
Seymour2Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 08:02 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks , I'll check out the other post
Old 04-28-2021, 08:04 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Mike, at this point ,ALL input such as yours is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-02-2021, 06:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Kurt

These are some good suggestions. You might also check the View/Navion facebook group. We have a 19ND and have found good info in both places.
Klowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 06:39 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We thought ours had gone out on our 2018 View, but we had it checked and it just had to be reset. Nothing worked at all except you could here the Sirius XM advertisement and that’s all. There was no way for us to reset it so it cost a bunch because they had to take off half the dash to get to the reset button. Stupid system. I hate the Rand McNally GPS. It’s a dinosaur. I use google maps on my phone for all GPS.
AZ Okies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, view