Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-19-2023, 01:34 PM   #1
BRH
Winnebago Watcher

Water leak at dinette table window on Sunstar

Water running down the window screen onto dinette table on this rainy day. There is no water running down the window, just on the inside window screen. When I looked outside above the window, there was no rain water above the window. Completely dry. Window is under awning. Has to be a roof leak right? This is a 2023 Motorhome which I purchased last month.
BRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 06:04 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Most window frames are bedded with butyl tape. This tape hardens over time and allows leaks. I would remove the window, frame and all, then remove the old tape and replace with either new butyl tape or one of the newer sealants.
If that fails to stop the leak, IMO it's time to locate a RV repair shop that has and used the Sealtech system. It is a very reliable system for locating all points of entry for water intrusions.

My experience with water leaks and the Sealtech system. We bought a new 5er and the first rain we were in the 5er we noticed water dripping from a window in the RR corner of the trailer. I took the 5er back to the dealer, who used the Sealtech system to locate the source of the leak.

The technician found the source over 20' from where water was dripping inside the trailer. Then he found 3 more tiny leaks that had not yet revealed themselves. That 5er never again had another water leak in the 8 years of ownership.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 08:31 PM   #3
BRH
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Most window frames are bedded with butyl tape. This tape hardens over time and allows leaks. I would remove the window, frame and all, then remove the old tape and replace with either new butyl tape or one of the newer sealants.
If that fails to stop the leak, IMO it's time to locate a RV repair shop that has and used the Sealtech system. It is a very reliable system for locating all points of entry for water intrusions.

My experience with water leaks and the Sealtech system. We bought a new 5er and the first rain we were in the 5er we noticed water dripping from a window in the RR corner of the trailer. I took the 5er back to the dealer, who used the Sealtech system to locate the source of the leak.

The technician found the source over 20' from where water was dripping inside the trailer. Then he found 3 more tiny leaks that had not yet revealed themselves. That 5er never again had another water leak in the 8 years of ownership.
Thanks very much for your reply. I’ll definitely be taking it back to the dealership and asking them about the Sealtech system.
BRH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak, window