Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Loose dinette table leg-need fix

Hi, I have about a month under my belt here so still working out the bugs on the site and the MH. I have a Vista 26HE and the dinette table leg keeps jiggling out of the "horseshoe" thingamajig on the floor. If I give it a smack with my hand it fits tight and doesn't rattle. But as we drive down the road the leg will work itself about a half inch out of the horseshoe. This now is not a tight fit and the leg will bounce when we hit any rough road. Its just another sound that can be eliminated. Anyone have this problem or know of a fix. I have dropped a looooong piece of wood front he wall to the leg to force it to stay in position. Im not sure just what to do with this little noise maker.

Take care all
Old Trooper
Old 11-06-2013, 04:43 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

What about drilling a hole through it when in place and using a small hitch pin to keep it in tight?
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Try a small wooden wedge. Tap it in with a light hammer blow. You should be able to dislodge it with a hit to the bottom of the leg with the heal of your hand. That is of course if it is the way my mind sees the fitting!
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

farm boy solutions

Number 1

Turn the U shaped hold down 180 degrees ... see if you have enough "play" in the leg to insert it from the opposite direction.

Number 2 (If number 1 doesn't work)

Drink a can of your favorite canned beverage ... save pull tab.

Unscrew the U shaped hold down ... poke a hole in the "flat part" of the pull tab and install it between the U shaped hold down and the floor so that the ring is on the closed side of the U shape.

Now you have something to attach the leg to hold it in place ... wire, dental floss, bread twistems, ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Two pieces of sticky back velcro when you put it in the velcro will keep it there.
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Check the latch at the top of the leg. I put up with this problem till my wife adjusted that latch and with no tools. Made me feel real smart.
tom1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:52 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1947 View Post
Check the latch at the top of the leg. I put up with this problem till my wife adjusted that latch and with no tools. Made me feel real smart.
Ditto... I had the same problem. Had to play with the latch, but got it to work.
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

My View dinette leg mechanism would not stay tightened to underside of the table, which is a design flaw I think. The leg would loosen from the floor support too and remounting it was not successful. I finally replaced the entire leg with one from Amazon and could not be happier. It is easy to mount and take down for lowering the table to make the bed and no chance it will come loose.

Here is the item:ITC TL400227 Sequoia 27" Table Leg
by ITC. You have to buy the leg, base and table mount separately but it's solid and holds the table much more securely.
draclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:17 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Just and up date on the loose table leg (at the floor). I ended up sliding a heavy washer in the slot where the foot fits and gently tapped it with a tack hammer. Could not remove the washer by hand after, but it only took a few taps with screw driver to release it. Leg now fits snug and only needs a gently smack to lock it in place to to knock it out when dropping the table. Thanks everyone for your help and ideas.