Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-18-2020, 05:08 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Switch Identification

Thank you for the add
I am a new to me owner of a 2002 Journey DL. I am the 4th or 5th owner.
Trying to restore her to her original glory.
Could anyone help me identify the two beige switches shown in the photo below?
They are located above the Load panel. (Sorry the picture is turned the wrong way)
From the wiring diagrams I think they might be the Engine Block Heater and the electric Water heater. I asked the previous owner and he said he didn't know what they were. Thank you in advance for your help.

Thank you
Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	buttons.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	511.6 KB
ID:	173636  
MDavidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 05:24 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

My 07 Itasca Meridian has the same control panel that you show. However my two switches that you show are located right above the black panel. On mine the right switch is for engine block heater and the one on the left is for 110v water heater So you are correct.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 06:32 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you so much for your help.
Mark
Old 05-19-2020, 08:23 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

While about the search, more info is likely to be needed in the future. As a handy first stop, do you have the manual and know where and how to access the online info?
Tons of info online but it does take some looking to get used to where it can be found. Some of it is pretty well hidden at times but if I poke around under enough tabs, I find lots of good stuff that a new owner might need.
This posting is one where I'm searching but gives the specifics of getting to a really handy drawing set where you may be able to locate any specific item like the switch and see what they call it!
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3861633 Down about post #5 for the track I used to get there.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:33 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you
Mark
Old 05-19-2020, 08:39 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Wiring Dia. are here.

Wiring Diagrams
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 09:07 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thank you
Mark
Old 05-19-2020, 11:25 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

I like the wiring diagrams if it fits the year we are working with but then they also can leave a person searching for the physical location of a part. That is where we can get big time help if we can get to the parts blowup diagrams. With those we can look at the RV, sort it down to what system like 12 Volt wiring and cut it down to someplace like the left side to see what is located along that side. By looking at left, right, top, bottom view or turning it, we can get a really good idea where they should be found. Taking the parts listing a step further, we can look at an item like the antenna and see what parts the antenna has in it.
Where that can also be helpful besides finding things is finding where things come apart! But that also will be somewhat hit and miss apparently as some parts I look at come back with invalid serial number but others come back with good info on the same number. After enough tracing/ searching, we came across a note that says the invalid number may also mean the info has not been posted for that specific part.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:56 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Switches

I have a 2006 journey and the left one is my water heater and the right one is block heater...test by plugging in and reading amps draw for engine heater (9a) and hot water...
Ual147870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:03 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

On my 2003 Itasca Horizon which looks identical to yours, is right switch water heater left switch engine heater. Good luck on your restoration.
Blkbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:15 AM   #11
RHW
2003, 34 Winnebago Pusher

On my 03 Journey dl the right switch is water heater & left engine block heater
RHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:16 AM   #12
Site Team

I rotated the image for you and put it back in your post.

Just an FYI, the reason this happens is the phone has a gyro inside that tells the screen which way is up. But the photo is marked with coding that is not effected by the gyro.

If you take photos with the "home" button either at the bottom of the screen OR at the RIGHT of the screen they will be taken correctly and show on your posts in the correct orientation. OR, you can do as I did and put the image on your computer and rotate it with a photo editor.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:40 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Sounds like you have a pretty solid answer for the question but it always seems to pay to verify when things get a bit of age on them. That means I might try turning on the water heater the next chance I got and see if it really is that switch.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:53 PM   #14
2002 Journey WPK36GD

On my 2002 Journey DL your photo shows just like mine is configured. From top Aft (rear) the biege switch is the 110 VAC switch to the water heater. From top forward (driver end) the biege switch is for the Diesel Block Heater. In both cases down is off.

In my coach the block heater can be plugged into/removed from the Heart ( Xantrex) inverter charger on the aft side of the black inverter/charger. The male plug can be inserted into a AC extension that goes to a normal wall receptacle and the block heater will be energized and use about 800W of power regardless of the coach switch position. If the block heater is plugged into the Heart Inverter charger the switch function will work ON/OFF from the beige interior panel.

Hope this helps and gives a bit of infgo.
CharlesMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 05:40 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Thank you so much for your help.
Mark

Tags
cat, switch