Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2020, 10:13 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Serial number on parts drawings???

For those of you who look at the parts blowup drawings, I am having a problem looking at this drawing as it tells me the serial number is invalid.
With help and other info I am getting to the drawings now but not getting full function.
I copied the serial number off the chart under the window and it is clear, so that I am 90% sure I have the correct number (10E37T284422) but the block for the serial number on the parts lookup seems to not accept that many digits. I've tried dropping different portions but not found the secret.
Any help on how to input the serial number?
2015 vista 31KE
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 11:23 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Morich, I noticed that once as well when I was looking.
It only needs the last 5 numbers of the serial number. I just found yours on http://dealer.winnebagoind.com/unitsearch/parts.htm
Old 05-18-2020, 11:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I'm using IE and the parts catalog, I do get to some of the drawings and eventually am getting used to some of the odd "quirks" of their system. One that hit me as odd was needing to double click to get some functions but that was okay as it was spelled out in the help section. Not what I was expecting and slowed things down but the serial number seems to expect some fashion of the number besides what I've tried. I thought perhaps using the vin or other ways to cut the serial number short were needed but I'm still coming up invalid.
Doing a closeup look seems to be a bit spotty and I get it to work only part of the time.
My online drawings do not match what I find in my RV, so I am trying to hunt and peck for more info on what to expect. Small looking items like the breaker panel by the drivers feet may be a big issue if I have electrical trouble! The wiring code on each wire is not listed in the wire ID charts. Just running into lots of small points and I try to go a different direction but now I'm headed off there as well.
Still looking for what's up.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:02 AM   #4
The "doghouse" .....

Unhappy Admin rights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVwithDogs View Post
Morich, I noticed that once as well when I was looking.
It only needs the last 5 numbers of the serial number. I just found yours on Service Parts List
I have tried to download the viewing software but it won't let me install cuz I need "viewing admin rights"???? any ideas?
djmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 07:57 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I'm a computer dummy or real close but that sounds like a deal on your personal computer. I'm not sure how to log in differently but I also get that at times, even though I'm the only one who uses this machine, other than my wife who looks in at times to read up on things and never logs in etc.
Most likely others have a better answer? Once I switched to the IE and went back to the download, etc. I was able to get to the drawings here:
Parts Catalog
Go to my 2015 Vista 31KE serial number 10E37T284422 here:
WFE31KE 187814-01-000
I double click (strange but per the directions in help!) to get to the drawings in a "blow up" fashion, where I can turn the drawing lots of ways to see the specific location of each item and examine where it lays out on the RV. Thinking that this would be super fine for locating some solenoid if we did not know where it was on the whole big RV. We can often see it on drawings but where is the dang thing?
But as part of the deal it calls for the serial number at the top right of this set of drawings.
So I've put it in in all the fashions of short, long, etc. and when I click the colored circle to get the details of that solenoid, it tells me "invalid serial number"!
Maybe seems obsessive to want the info but since they post it, I thought it might tell me something I did not know! And it does tell me I don't know how to put in the serial number!
What I really wanted was to look at the drawing.
Thanks for the help as all ideas are worth chasing down until I find the exactly right one.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:57 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmiller3 View Post
I have tried to download the viewing software but it won't let me install cuz I need "viewing admin rights"???? any ideas?
What browser are you trying to download the addon to? It only works with Win versions 7 thru 10 and only with Internet Explorer.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:10 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Just noticed a bit of weirdness on this. When it tells me invalid number, it also brings a dropdown giving me the option of cancel or print it! I would have guessed that it not being able to find it, would leave me not being able to print it, either, so why does it bring an option to print if that was not what I asked? Have not tried printing yet, just seems to be a minefield of boggle for me!
But for you guys who do look at drawings and come to a point where you can't say where something like the inverter is installed, this set seems a real easy way to go ---compared to crawling around all the cabinets!
Old 05-19-2020, 08:39 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmiller3 View Post
Okay, A big ray of sunshine! Following the link on this post, I get a big helping of hidden info!
Thanks Djmiller3!
Would it be fussy to ask for that info on the same page where I was looking? Maybe just say, "info not available" instead of telling me the serial number is wrong.
I think I'll go crawl around under the RV as being the easy way !
Thanks for the help, guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	invalid number.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	173555  
Old 05-19-2020, 09:13 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I did a bit more playing with this, the serial number box in the upper right side of the page wants the first 8 characters. But even doing that it will not work for all items when you click on the colored parts lookup icon. For example it works with the DOME LIGHT 170693-07-02A or the TV ANTENNA items, really odd..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (6).jpg
Views:	87
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	173556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (7).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	173557  

Old 05-19-2020, 11:16 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Okay, sounds like we can work with that. If the info is on hand we get a response but if not available we get the confusing message of invalid serial number which looks like the info you found can also mean "no info". Part of it may be as simple as they felt the antenna is more complex than something like a solenoid, therefore more info might be needed. Dome lights? Maybe knowing the exact size of the dome?
Thanks for the looking/searching and it does seem to run down my quest. In future, I will know to expect it sometimes and not worry the issue if I get weird stuff!
Old 05-24-2020, 09:00 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Morich, for the service parts list it is the last 5 digits of the Winnebago serial number. For the parts catalog serial number use the first 3 characters plus the last 5
digits of the Winnebago serial. 10E84422
It is called the "eight character abbreviated serial number"
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:29 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Thanks for that info. Seems like the closer I look, the more I wonder if this is made to ease our work or just throw in lots of small methods that only the full time user will remember!
Old 05-25-2020, 05:50 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Am I wrong????

I thought vin #s had 17 digits???
Dave9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:56 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Dave9, the parts look-up sites use the serial number of the RV not the VIN.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:54 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Ah!

10-4
Dave9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:02 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

parts diagrams

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
What browser are you trying to download the addon to? It only works with Win versions 7 thru 10 and only with Internet Explorer.
How do you view if using an Apple laptop? It doesn't work with Safari, or Firefox......
jimpav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:26 PM   #17
Site Team

As I said, it only works with Win versions 7 thru 10 and only with Internet Explorer.

I use an iMac at home and an Macbook on the road. But before I retired I needed to have a couple of Windows programs on my computers so I bought Parallels virtual machine to install Windows on my Macs. And, I bought Win 10.1 as well. So, both my Macs can run Windows 10.1 and MS Internet Explorer.

OR you can use Mac's Boot Camp to dual boot your Apple into Windows. You'd just need to buy Windows 10.1 Home and install it via boot camp. That would work just as well. It's just not as convenient. With Parallels you run Windows right inside your Mac without rebooting, etc.

That's the only way to use the parts list unless you also have a PC somewhere.

Tags
parts