Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-11-2023, 12:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Stereo system upgrade 2000 Adventurer 35U

2000 adventurer 35u
Old school stereo in dash with knobs cassette player, 6 speakers, someone told me I can’t use the old speakers because there amplified or something, trying to find out if I have to put in new speakers and wiring to upgrade new stereo ? Anyone know anything about them ? Thanks
Jiml100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 02:16 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Jiml100,
Many units do come with a separate amplifier, and then those feed normal speakers. If all you need is a new single-DIN AM/FM/MP3 player, here is a BOSS at Amazon for just $24. One like this would use your existing amplifier & speakers.
Eagle5
Click image for larger version

Name:	UNTITLED.gif
Views:	23
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	187534
Old 10-11-2023, 02:32 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

There is radio speaker switching relays shown on the wiring diagrams as well as volume controls in series with some of the speaker wire leads, so you will want to study the diagrams for your unit. So you may need to do some research to try and figure out what wires do what and what the audio outputs of the existing radio are to see how to match up a replacement. Good luck.

You can view all of your wiring diagrams in this folder:

2000 Adventurer/Suncruiser G35U Wiring Diagram Book
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 02:34 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

So I would just have to figure out the color code on the rv plug, which ones are the 4 speaker wires and it would run the amp and everything ?
Jiml100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 02:57 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

When dealing with the Wiring Winnebago has added we may have a big help on ID for them.
They use a stamped code:
Click image for larger version

Name:	wire ID.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	187536

This will not be on the wires which come with any item that has a factory wire set that then plugs into Winn wiring but on the Winn wiring! Like at lights, there is often a wire set on the light but we need to pull out the slack and find it connected to Winn wiring! It gives gauge and color of wires as well as from and to locations.
To decode:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

To cut time scrolling, hit Ctrl and F at same time to bring dropdown. Enter the search term like wire ID or "speaker" and it then brings all places those show up.

Not a perfect system and audio is pretty sketchy stuff but maybe a help?
A big help when wondering which is battery and which is ground!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 11:53 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I replaced the Magnadyne 1.5 DIN radio in my 2004 35U with a Kenwood single DIN. I bought a kit from Magnadyne to mount the single DIN radio. I bought a molex plug that matched the Magnadyne plug. I soldered that plug to the end of the Kenwood pigtail. Plug play then. Magnadyne had a wiring diagram I followed. I didn't use there single DIN radio as I had the Kenwood laying around. It has a hand remote. Does hand free calling and Bluetooth audio. I put the same radio outside. My 35U had the surround sound option. Don't recall its name. It worked with the Kenwood as well. I moved the TV/Radio switch from the passenger overhead to the dash. I kept forgetting to change the switch and it couldn't be reached while driving.

I would like to have installed a double DIN but that would require cutting up some metal behind the radio opening.

Tags
vent, upgrade, adventurer