Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-12-2022, 08:08 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

We've had SnapPads about four years now. Would not do without. We boondock a lot. They handle a variety of surfaces well. We usually get by without other pad material. We lost one at Bryce Cyn. Driver rear dropped into a bottomless mudhole. A sharp rock sliced the pad. Still held on, but we took a picture, sent it to SnapPad they sent a new one for free. They prove their worth when we pull in for just a night at a place that is really protective of their concrete. Pull in, level, go for a walk. Rise with the sun, retract, hit the road.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 08:40 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

I haven't yet made the purchase. Still trying to see the value of them at such a high cost for recycled rubber. But lots of good information no doubt!
Sullivanclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 09:17 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

I think this pretty much depends on how often you use your RV and how difficult or frustrating placing diy pads might be for you. It's a lot of money to spend when there are low or no cost options.

If I put my mind to it, I'm sure I could come up with an inexpensive, but effective, DIY version that could be semi-permanently mounted to my jack pads. A bolt on pad comes to mind first, but that involves drilling in your jack pads. A better option would be some sort of three-piece "sandwich" configuration, two pieces on top of the jack pad, bolted to one piece on the bottom. They could be as large as you wanted, ensuring that they'd work well on soft surfaces.

The possibilities are endless but I realize that not all of us enjoy DIY projects.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 09:37 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

The main reason I went with Snap Pad is the low ground clearance the Forza has. It is very difficult for me or my wife to get low enough to put plastic pads under the jacks and then get back up off the ground.
MakoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 11:54 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Just got finished putting mine on. Would have been a whole lot easier with a helper, but my wife is focused on some early spring flower bed and garden chores and wanted to stay on that (yes, I said early spring. We had freezing temps last week and more expected next weekend, along with possible snow).

If I was smarter and more patient I'd have waited until I had it parked on the concrete driveway and had a helper, but that's not me. Since it's on gravel now I used my 2x8" x2' blocks under the jacks to help get the Snap Pads on and to keep from over extending the jacks. Lots of trips in and out of the coach and up and down the stairs but I eventually got all four locked on. I'll still keep the wood blocks on board for when they're needed like on mud or uneven ground.

I used Richard's suggestion of a long-handled weenie roasting fork with the ends bent 90º and holes drilled in the boards. Makes it a lot easier to get them in and out from under the coach, no more hands and knees. I'm really looking forward now to just parking and leveling without the hassle.
Old 05-17-2022, 06:21 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

I put them on my motorhome as fall & love them. Excellent investment.
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote