Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-28-2022, 02:13 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Snap Pads - Yes or No?

Anyone use them?
New to class A, not to rving. They look super tough in the demos. Do they hold up under longer use? They are about $150 on Amazon. Asking those of you that have them, are they worth the investment in your opinion?
Old 04-28-2022, 03:44 PM   #2
Site Team

I have them on my Adventurer. I like them. They've been on for a couple of years. I didn't have instances very often where I needed them, but after a couple of stays in very soft sandy areas I decided to get them.

Also, there is at least one RV Resort we've been to twice that requires a pad under your jacks. If you don't have any they lend them to you. But it's a hassle getting under there and placing them.
Old 04-28-2022, 06:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We have the pads on our Intent and love them. Way better than having to reach under the coach and place pads. No mater if we park on dirt, rocks, sand or concrete the pads have worked great and would recommend them.
tanda62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:00 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Absolutely one of the best RV purchases I've made in 18 years of full timing. I tend to stay at out of the way, smaller RV parks with sometimes difficult terrain and having the SnapPads means in 90% of cases I can just drive up, scope out the site and try to get level, park and drop the jacks.

No more exiting the RV and trying align my home made landing pads. Gravel, grass, cement, dirt, somewhat sloppy soil, it's been all the same to the SnapPads over several years of usage so far.

And then I can extend my slides, have dinner and relax.

I did have one problem, I stayed at an RV park where the blacktop had a void under where I'd dropped the jack and over a few days, discovered that the SnapPad was all bent out of shape as it was pushing into the hole at an odd angle. Contacted SnapPad trying to buy a new one and they just sent a free replacement. Can't beat that. AND, I just wanted a new one to replace the bent one, but that one is still hanging in there just fine. Well made product.

On rare occasions, I've noticed I'm sinking into the soil and in those cases, the next day, I'll pull up the jacks and add my home made pads but that's been less than 5 times over the last few years as I recall.

Well worth the money to not have to leave the RV to drop the jacks.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 10:27 PM   #5
Proud “No Intent” Owner

We’ve had them for almost two years now. I would buy them again.
Beside above mentioned reasons, when we park on asphalt it provides a softer landing, which extends the life of the metal pad, and disperses the weight over a larger area, so movement inside the coach, I want to say, rocks less?
Old 04-29-2022, 04:56 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

As I do not have Snap pads, I greatly respect the folks that do. I however decided to go with big foot pads, I wanted a larger foot print than the snap pads gave.
https://www.outriggerpads.com/for-rvs/

I was parked on grass once for a rally and it rained. My jacks were on the lego blocks and them and the jacks ended up about an inch or two below the service. It was at that point I decided I wanted a larger foot print for the jacks.

No matter which way you go Good Luck and safe travels
be happy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 07:50 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for your input, everyone. No negatives about the Snap Pads, one vote at last count for the Bigfoot product.

I'm going with the Snap Pads. We're planning some extensive travels in the near future and I really like the idea of not having to crawl around to place pads under the jacks, especially in less than perfect weather. Also, to paraphrase Toby Keith, I'm not as young as I once was.

Thanks Again
Old 05-04-2022, 06:47 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Interesting responses. I guess I'll have to rethink it. DW, at salesman's insistence, got a set when we bought the coach. They're still in the box in the barn. One of two "must-haves" he sold her. Other was wrap-around step covers. Those I put on and removed the following day (campground in the rain). They did nothing to help keep wet soles from bringing in even more water.
DCMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 07:33 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

We had Snap-Pads on our Class A. Never cracked one or lost one and I would buy them again.

Retired "Quiet Professional". Lifetime HSUS and ASPCA member and supporter.
71_340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 09:28 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

I've looked at them but have kind of held off, guess I was skeptical of the price vs value. I think it was Jim's post that finally swung me over, not having to get out and place pads when you pull in, so I ordered a set last weekend. They came in yesterday and I'll get them put on when it warms up a bit. We have some 2x8's cut 2' long that we slide under the jacks, but after a couple of stops last year placing them in the dark and rain had me kind of leaning toward the pads anyway. We can still use the boards for added surface area when needed, but for asphalt pads and Wally-docking the Snap-pads are going to be pretty nice.

Funny Amazon story: I ordered these on Saturday along with three other items that were in my cart, and I chose to have all of them arrive on my "Amazon Day", Thursday. One item arrived on Sunday, two on Monday, and finally the Snap-pads on Tuesday. Way to go Amazon.
Old 05-05-2022, 05:11 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

We've had Snap Pads on for about 8 months now. I have not found any downside to them and they seem to be an asset for the rig. I think they have probably added life span to the metal feet on the bottom of the jacks by eliminating the wear on them. I am keeping an eye out to see if there is any extensive trapping of water between the Snap Pad and the metal foot, but I have not yet observed that.
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 06:46 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I like the sound of these. Went on AMZ and of course see like maybe 4 or 5 quality(?) levels and two sizes. My 2022 Adventurer is in storage so can't go out and measure them right now, but am curious as to what ones you've all bought? 9" or 10" and Xtra, Highway Plus, EQ, BF, or Prime?
Guess I'll check out their website, too.
Thx!
Old 05-05-2022, 08:50 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Four years on our Sunstar, and would not leave home without them. Asphalt, grass, concrete even soft dirt, well worth the investment. And dawn detergent to help put them on.......
jmo01830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 09:04 AM   #14
2018 22M

Question

I had an aftermarket Big Foot system put on my 2017 Class C 26A as doing this full time RV life old & single (my preference! haha) doing the blocks under tires was way too much. The system works fine yet I have to be careful to avoid even medium steep areas (like some parking lot transitions from road to lot) because my 2 rear jacks are mounted quite low (no choice.) I rarely have any issue. Have had a couple ‘easy scrapes’ and am guessing these pads would not be recommended in my case? Thanks ahead. Just wanting to confirm what I assume. Reading this thread left me sure wanting to have them! I hate putting my individual pads under!
dnta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 12:23 PM   #15
Winnebago Watcher

Snap Pads

Had them several years in varying circumstances. Still going strong. Before I had them, auto levelling was a nightmare. Now, just hit the button and wait. All goes well. Quality has been great.
beanvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 07:54 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202235f View Post
Anyone use them?
New to class A, not to rving. They look super tough in the demos. Do they hold up under longer use? They are about $150 on Amazon. Asking those of you that have them, are they worth the investment in your opinion?

have had them for about 4 years and love the convenience of them
Old 05-05-2022, 08:13 PM   #17
Winnebago Watcher

Easy to install

Also, I was able to install them by myself. They are easy to install.
beanvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 06:15 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Thumbs up

Recently installed snap pads on our 2020 Forza 34T. Will camp with them on grass and dirt next weekend. Purchased from Snap Pad sdirectly. Price with freight added was about $20.00 less than Amazon, and they normally ship same day as ordered. If you visit Snap Pads web site, you will need to provide them with year, make and model of RV and brand of automatic lift system, pad size and shape. They will advise you as to which of their several models would fit your coach. The ones that fit our coach was the Prime model. Very helpful people there, and they answered my request promptly This is my driest post, hope it wasn’t too wordy.
MakoMike
MakoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 07:35 PM   #19
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoMike View Post
Purchased from Snap Pad sdirectly. Price with freight added was about $20.00 less than Amazon, and they normally ship same day as ordered.
For mine the difference was about $5 with shipping, in favor of SnapPad. At the end of the day, it was worth the five bucks to me to not have to enter my CC and address info on another site and just click the button on Amazon instead.
Old 05-12-2022, 04:29 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

I have had SnapPads for 2 years now - love them! I even added one to the Tongue Jack foot. Have never had them come off and I've been on such rough roads that my water tank fell out onto my axles. SnapPads stayed on though. I still carry the plastic squares but rarely use them unless on highly unlevel terrain.