Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-17-2021, 12:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Santi flush question - Itasca Suncruiser 33 V

I'm familiar with the Sani flush system I just want to know step-by-step procedures which I cannot find in the book. I know it's for the Blackwater. Do I flush the system with the Sani flush after I dump the black and grey water? How does this process work for the best!

I do have this system on my other travel trailer R v's, I've just never asked the question and I wanted to get educated

Thank you so much for all your help this is a great site
Peggy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 12:27 PM   #2
Site Team

Old 06-17-2021, 01:21 PM   #3
Site Team

Great advice to open the black tank valve when using sani-flush. I caught the flu while camping once and was not my normal self. When trying to add water I accidentally connected to the Sami-flush. Catastrophe was narrowly averted as the black tank filled to overflowing because my wife flushed the toilet and noticed water coming up from the tank below! Could have been a yucky mess! So, I just open the valve and let the water run in the sani-flush until it runs clear. Sorry if that was TMI! :-)
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 01:38 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We had a neighbor while camping last summer connect his Sani Flush with the valve closed. Short story, got distracted, and not too long after I pointed to his front slide and said “do you have some sort of drain in that slide? I see water coming out”.

They were still borrowing my fan 2 days later to move air over the inside carpet……..
Blastvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:41 PM   #5
Site Team

I was so lucky, and very fortunate it didn’t go that far for me!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 04:26 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

These folks are correct about having the flush valve open. I guess I am lucky that I have not blow the stuff out the vent.

After draining the black tank, I will hook up the hose and begin the flushing out process. I will close the dump valve and let the tank fill with water. I believe the volume of water will also help clean the tank. As others have said do not get distracted if you do this! I also believe a clear elbow on the sewer hose helps 100% so you can see whats happening in the tank.

Good Luck safe travels
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:52 AM   #7
Site Team

I too close my black tank valve when flushing the tank to fill it with water. I find this the only way to really clean the tank effectively.

If I'm on a long trip I'll do one fill of water every 2nd or 3rd dump and then before returning home I do the fill/dump process 3 to 5 times. I have a clear section at the elbow where the hose enters the campground inlet and I do a repeated fill/dump until there is zero debris showing in a complete dump.

You'd be surprised how much "debris" comes out of the tank even on the 3rd Fill/Dump cycle.

I have a 5-min timer on my watch - I set it when I close the black tank valve so I don't wander off and leave it to over flow. So far, this has worked perfectly.
Old 06-18-2021, 10:18 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thank you!!!!
Peggy M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, suncruiser