Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-13-2020, 09:13 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Relocating switch panel

Hey All

Got tired of the house battery switch accidentally getting turned off. The switches are on a panel located in the step well coming into the coach.
This usually happens while we're traveling for the day. When we stop for the day I get everything hooked up then no power. And duh I look at everything BUT the dang switch for 20 minutes.
So I decided to see if I could move the panel and here's what I came up with.
The first pic shows the hole where the panel was located.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201210_140400668.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	361.1 KB
ID:	176254

I pulled the paneling off the wall and I was able to feed the harness with all the switch connectors up through the floor and over to the new location.

Name:	IMG_20201128_165357146.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	277.1 KB
ID:	176253

There are two sets of wires on the harness that are capped off as you can see here. Anyone have an Idea what those could be used for?
While I had the paneling off the wall I tapped into the porch light and ran lights down to the outdoor grab handle and put lights in it.

Name:	IMG_20201128_165509468.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	176255

We decided to change the look of the paneled wall since I kinda tore up the seam tape between the two pieces. Went with some vinyl stick on tile. And since I now know where there is some solid wood behind the wall I put up 3 coat hooks.

Name:	IMG_20201210_140409911.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	176256

2016 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
scottybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 06:30 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Nice job, I like it. Have to add that to my todo list. The panel on my 2011 37F has a little different switch arrangement which may give you a clue as to the capped wires.
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2020, 08:26 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I like the wood grain. The switch panel looks pretty close to mine.

Old 12-14-2020, 08:39 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Do the wires have ID code printed on the sides so that one could look to this chart for info on where they come and go to?
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	wire ID.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	176265  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 08:52 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Do the wires have ID code printed on the sides so that one could look to this chart for info on where they come and go to?
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf
They do have codes on them. I'll have to see if I can read them in any of the pics I took.

Old 12-23-2020, 04:41 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Grab handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottybee View Post
Hey All

Got tired of the house battery switch accidentally getting turned off. The switches are on a panel located in the step well coming into the coach.
This usually happens while we're traveling for the day. When we stop for the day I get everything hooked up then no power. And duh I look at everything BUT the dang switch for 20 minutes.
So I decided to see if I could move the panel and here's what I came up with.
The first pic shows the hole where the panel was located.

Attachment 176254

I pulled the paneling off the wall and I was able to feed the harness with all the switch connectors up through the floor and over to the new location.

Attachment 176253

There are two sets of wires on the harness that are capped off as you can see here. Anyone have an Idea what those could be used for?
While I had the paneling off the wall I tapped into the porch light and ran lights down to the outdoor grab handle and put lights in it.

Attachment 176255

We decided to change the look of the paneled wall since I kinda tore up the seam tape between the two pieces. Went with some vinyl stick on tile. And since I now know where there is some solid wood behind the wall I put up 3 coat hooks.

Attachment 176256
just curious how did you put the lights in the handle and also I have read that there are wires running to the handle
Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 04:52 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Cover over switch panel

Hubby just installed a switch cover over the switches like you see on the outside of some rvs that have outside outlets. We lift it to turn them on or off, but can’t accidentally bump them off anymore. Wish I had a pic, but rv isn’t handy.
Joette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 05:22 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Brooks
There were no wires running to my handle. I pulled the porch light out there is plenty of wire there. Used posi tap connectors to tap the wires. https://www.posi-products.com/posiplug.html then used little marker lights one in each end of the handle
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...BoCqfkQAvD_BwE

Tags
cat, panel, switch