Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-23-2023, 08:10 AM   #1
unclescratch

Red face no 12 volt without shore power

Can I jump the voltage from the battery mode solenoid to the battery disconnect relay for a short term fix??
Old 06-23-2023, 08:40 AM   #2
unclescratch

I may have fixed this !? Found the Aux Bat (rocker) switch in the stairwell 'off'. Turned the switch 'on' and I have 12 volt inside the coach.
Found this troubleshooting clue by searching for old posts on the subject. Thank You !! Winnebago Forums.
Old 06-23-2023, 11:17 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Sounds like progress! there seems to be a neveredning bunch of stuff to figure out!

One thing that might snag you at some time in the futre is easy to see when we get it pointed out. That switch for the battery disconnect is a special type and connected to a rtelay that is even more special as they want it to use power when needed to turn the power on or off but not any other time as a way to save battery.

The switch is a momentary, that means it only makes contact as we have it pushed and then "pops back" as we let it go. It provides battery power to move the realy to turn the power on or off. Then the special type relay is a "latching relay". That means it has a magnet gizmo to "latch" it in the last positon it moved to and then stays until we have battery power to move it the other way!

The tricky part can be if we turn it on or off, take the battery out and then turn the switch on but it doesn't do anything if we don't have the battery in to power things!
So we can drive ourselves half crazy because we KNOW we turned the switch on!
If no 12VDC inside works, try pushing that switch again, even if you are sure you did it once before when maybe you had the battery out or something.

I always kind of assume I'll have missed something like that, so I'm okay with doing it twice to avoid taking it to a shop! I work cheap!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt, power, shore power