Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-01-2022, 03:45 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

My RV Fridge is Not Getting Cold

2017 Vista lx 35 bought used a few months ago, have yet to take a trip. Went to turn fridge on this week display lights up, light inside comes on when door is opened. RV is plugged into 30 amp right now even though its a 50 amp unit. So its has 120 to turn fridge on Anyway its been on for well over 24 hours and its not getting cold at all, no noise what so ever, and no I haven't tried LP yet. What am I missing? Breaker is ok, fuse reset I did push it.
Quickuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 04:41 PM   #2
CO Sunova Owner

Fridge setting

Not sure what fridge model you have but the fridge should have a touch button on the outside or inside so you can select mode: auto, electric, or LP; and temp setting from like 1-7, 7 being the coldest. We usually have ours set to either 4 or 5. Check your Winnebago owner manual supplement to get more info on your model fridge.
navnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 09:17 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by navnaz View Post
Not sure what fridge model you have but the fridge should have a touch button on the outside or inside so you can select mode: auto, electric, or LP; and temp setting from like 1-7, 7 being the coldest. We usually have ours set to either 4 or 5. Check your Winnebago owner manual supplement to get more info on your model fridge.
Yes 3 buttons on outside, on/off, mode= LP,AC,auto then temp setting. So you know this is our 5 unit do far from newbies. Looking for quick check info items. Surely it doesn't need 50 amps to work. Itbus a 4 door Norcold.
Old 01-02-2022, 12:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

If it's anything like my Dometic, the light and control board/display work on 12 volts so you may not have 120 volts to the heating element. Check to see that it is plugged in, that the outlet is working and if you have a volt meter check for 120 volts AC at the 120 volt heating element, although if the element is bad you should have had an error code by now.
Old 01-02-2022, 04:41 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Refrigerator

Quick question. Do you have 12 volts and 110 to frig. Also did you try on gas. There is a YouTube on Norcold by the Azexpert.
TravatoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 06:30 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickuc View Post
2017 Vista lx 35 bought used a few months ago, have yet to take a trip. Went to turn fridge on this week display lights up, light inside comes on when door is opened. RV is plugged into 30 amp right now even though its a 50 amp unit. So its has 120 to turn fridge on Anyway its been on for well over 24 hours and its not getting cold at all, no noise what so ever, and no I haven't tried LP yet. What am I missing? Breaker is ok, fuse reset I did push it.
After research for a few days it was to simple, but I had no clue. Its been like 14 degrees here, I had read that some fridges quit when it gets cold like that, sure enough I pulled it out from port and lets it sit in the sun, turned on heater to 55 after it got warm it started to work like nothing was wrong... Wow
Old 01-09-2022, 05:41 PM   #7
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

Im glad I read this one.

No way? Id never have thought of that. I'm in Canada so it gets that cold often. Ill remember this one. I hope

Tags
fridge