Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-09-2024, 08:39 AM   #1
2018 Vista 32YE

Known issues with 2018 Vista 32YE?

Please direct me if in wrong section to inquire as I am in the process of purchasing a 2018 Vista YE w/ 16k miles.
Thank you for your guidance
Sooeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 09:12 AM   #2
Site Team

Greetings Sooeey,
A site-search here for:
2018 Vista 32YE
will give you the relevant Threads on the subject.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 03-09-2024, 09:23 AM   #3
Site Team

Sooeey is a great moniker for your new account, but I had to look-up this old clip from Quantum Leap, wherein Buddy Holly was first writing Peggy Sue. I believe the low-battery alert from the smoke detector going off from whomever recorded this adds icing on the cake!
Old 03-09-2024, 11:55 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I find the online interactive parts drawings are a place I can do some "looking through walls" at the things that we can't see well, normally.
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

It takes a bit to get used to "driving" it but once you get the idea, you can really look at lots of small points to avoid some of the design errors that can give us fits. Plumbing is one where I tend to shy away from the type where the handle on the drain valve goes in and the cable has to bend back 90 degrees to pull the valve. They tend to show here on the forum as the cable gets loose. think of the cable like on lawnmowers for throttle, etc. ?

In a quick look at plumbing? I see none of that problem and the drain seems short and simple at that point.
However one point might be something to take a firm look at, depending on health and condition of users? There are two different builds, early and later in the year, so one point might be to check the serial number (not VIN!) for the 7th digit of 1 for early or 2 for later build. That can lead to some changes which are often made due to what they may find as better designs?
Label on left of driver will give that info!
Sometimes cheaper to build but others due to finding the first try is a problem to maintain!
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

The parts drawings also let you locate anything like converter, inverters, etc. that you might wonder about? Like how big is the holding tank? Where is it?

the small point I might want to look at is how high the shower step might be as it looks from here like it is higher than some? That may be a "fake" problem due to drawings not telling a true story!
Click image for larger version

Name:	floor.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	188484

I see no big problems but I like to look for those small points that may bug me!
Happy shopping!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 12:57 PM   #5
2018 Vista 32YE

Sooeey was my lisence plate tag on Harleys I've had since 1970's with the stating CALLIN' DA HOGS...
Sooeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 07:21 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

We have a 2018 Sunstar 32YE purchased new, the same rig with different fabrics and such. In over 38K miles, I've never had to return it to the dealer for anything that I couldn't handle myself. Minor things like the blinds needed new roller mechanisms, etc. I strongly recommend a track bar and steering stabilizer if not already in place. It was pretty miserable to drive before those two upgrades. It's just fine now. The best rundown I can give you is a short video review I did at 35K miles, there's a list of upgrades in the video description text too. Here's a link to part #1. Part #2 is on the exterior, and easily found on the channel.

Enjoy the rig, we are extremely happy with ours.

https://youtu.be/qNrEojMbLlQ?si=MmJ6mgNPbs-R9zpC
thompwil is offline   Reply With Quote