Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-21-2022, 07:43 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

How to remove OEM rear camera on 2010 Tour?

Hi all,

We have a 2010 Tour 42AD and our rear camera is flickering on/off very frequently and I've taken the dash apart to make sure the connection to the monitor are tight and it is. Next step in my troubleshooting is to ensure the camera itself is well connected but I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to remove the rear camera so I can look at the wiring.

Can someone please provide some insight on how to remove the camera or access the wiring for the rear camera?

Many thanks for any help or guidance you can share!
CMPTRDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 07:58 AM   #2
aa1ssradio

I believe there is an access panel on top that you pull the screws out and get to it that way. That is how it was on my 2012 Tour
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 01:18 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Ranger Smith! Found the panel and managed to get access to the camera and wiring!
CMPTRDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 06:22 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPTRDAN View Post
Hi all,

We have a 2010 Tour 42AD and our rear camera is flickering on/off very frequently and I've taken the dash apart to make sure the connection to the monitor are tight and it is. Next step in my troubleshooting is to ensure the camera itself is well connected but I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to remove the rear camera so I can look at the wiring.

Can someone please provide some insight on how to remove the camera or access the wiring for the rear camera?

Many thanks for any help or guidance you can share!
When we bought our coach (used) we had a similar problem. Turned out to be the camera. There is a switch box in the dash. Once you figure out how to remove the dash deck it's easy to access. Figuring out where all the screws are that need to come out is another challenge.
Old 08-04-2022, 07:50 AM   #5
DNC
2016 Journey 36M

Rearview Camera Fix

I had a similar problem in my 2016 Journey. The rear camera view was pretty much nonexistent; there was a faint rearview in one of the screens. My side view cameras worked fine. I followed a suggestion to try a firmware update. My system is a RiverPark Infotainment system; I was able to find the a software update on their website. I installed the update. The first day after the installation I noticed an immediate improvement of navigation system but no rear camera. The second day after the installation of the updated software I noticed, immediately after cranking the engine, that the system said it was updating. Then the rear view camera came on and it has been working ever since.
DNC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera