Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2020, 12:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

HOt Water Issues

Hello Fellow RV’s we have a Journey 39’ its 12 yrs old and our hot water throughout the entire coach is very very low pressure and the heat of the hot water is not very hot either. Even it u use both electric and or propane it doesn’t get very hot. But the most important is the shower pressure is a trickle even with the flow restrictor off. My friend who’s a plummer said its the coils being gunned up and I should change the hot water heater.. Thoughts and suggestions welcome. I have changed the diverted valve on the bottom of the tank. No change in issues. I have taken plug out of heater and with a 12” nozzle sprayed water in and rotated it again no better. HELP please
Sdpall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 02:34 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Possibly the check valve(s) in the back of the water heater are not working properly. Might want to replace them (sometimes just one, but Winnebago likes to put one on both the in and out lines.

A quick test... turn off water, turn off heater, drain it, then turn on the water with drain plug still out. Water should flow pretty quickly out the drain plug hole. If it doesn't, the check valve on the cold inlet side probably needs replacing. If good flow, put the drain plug back in, fill heater, and check hot pressure at the faucets. If slow, its likely the check on the hot water output side or something else downstream.
emiddleb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 03:36 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I would also check the settings of the bypass valves to make sure those are all set right. I'm referring to the ones you change settings on to winterize the vehicle. There should be three.

Tags
water