Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2015, 05:02 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hot water issues

Hello all I need help, I have a 2011 Itasca Ellipse 42 QD and I just lost the hot water. The aqua Hot is working because I can see the amp draw on the panel but no hot water. The water flows and it seems slightly warm but not hot. I switched over to the tank water with the pump and still no difference. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks JS
juliuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:31 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The by-pass valve didn't get turned did it? I did that to mine this week but knew what I did.
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:43 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

You don't have the outside shower valves open do you? That can put cold water into the hot water line. Also you should rotate the temperature valve on the aqua hot every few months. Just turn it half turn to the left and back to the right, mark where you started so that you can return it to the proper position. If you want you can turn the valve to make it a little hotter.
The Bay I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:26 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnystrom View Post
The by-pass valve didn't get turned did it? I did that to mine this week but knew what I did.

Dystrom, thanks for the help, where is the bypass valve? I looked all around the Aqua hot and couldn't find any.
JS
Old 06-19-2015, 11:29 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bay I View Post
You don't have the outside shower valves open do you? That can put cold water into the hot water line. Also you should rotate the temperature valve on the aqua hot every few months. Just turn it half turn to the left and back to the right, mark where you started so that you can return it to the proper position. If you want you can turn the valve to make it a little hotter.
John,
I do have an outside shower but it is turned off. You also mentioned a thermostat, the only thermostat that is visible on mine is the one for the basement compartment.

Thanks, JS
Old 06-19-2015, 12:00 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I think I have a similar issue with ours but they say not. Our problem seems to be in reverse.

On electric we used to take the chill off in the morning using the heat option. Recently the fans will come on, run for two or three minutes blowing lukewarm air and then shut off. In approximately 20 minutes the fans will come on again and run for two or three minutes blowing luke warm air.

During that time if we run the hot water it is very hot. If we turn on the burner there is lots of heat in both the heater and the hot water.

I spoke to the service manager who said it could be possible one of the mixing pumps is not working. The tech checked and says everything is working correctly.

Have you tried using the burner? Is the hot water still anemic?

I think that you are likely going to have to get the unit serviced.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:15 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Creighton, it isn't a thermostat, it's your mixing valve that you can turn to make the water hotter or colder. If your temperature was fine before you had the problem then mark where it is and turn it right and left and return it back to where it was. Sometimes something may get in the mixing valve. I called it a temperature valve when it is really a mixing valve. You should be able to access it from the driver's side of the pull out tray. It is located in the opening to the right side of the pull out tray. Hope this makes sense.
The Bay I is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water